All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Trans axle issues again, please help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
craftworks125

Trans axle issues again, please help! Empty
PostSubject: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 7:51 am

Alright i replaced my dang expensive clutch key and that fixed my chugging and skipping issue. Now like a week later it is starting to do it again. Why is it doing this? I really dont think it could be the keys again. It really is not making me happy. After some crawling for like a hour of crawling yesterday i felt my transaxle and it was really hot, like it would burn me if i kept my hand there. i am starting to think my dana trans is no good at all. It is a 6 speed, Locked, and pulley swapted to a 6 inch( not too fast mabee 15mph) thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 9:43 am

If it is running that hot, and binding, something is not put together right. Need to take it apart, and find a good schematic to make sure it is put together right. 6in pulley is not a problem, if you have the stock front pulley.

I'd just find another tranny to throw in.

What is the model and make of the transmission?
Back to top Go down
craftworks125

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 10:44 am

ya i guess i will take it apart again. My bushings are very worn, would that cause the problem? It is a dana 4360-7 6 speed. i am pretty sure it is put together right.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 1:57 pm

I can see the bushings being a problem, but not convinced. The bushings have to sit just right, with the tab in the right spot.

I'd hate to have you replace the bushings, and still have a bad transmission. But if nothing else looks bad, sounds like that is the way to go.

If you clutch/belt is not releasing fully, that can cause shifting issues.

Sounds like another transaxle would be easiest. Found a diagram of your axle, looks pretty typical. I probably have 4 or 5 transaxles that are similar.

Link to diagram.

http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/foote/4360-7_-14_-18.pdf
Back to top Go down
craftworks125

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 2:43 pm

alright, the tabs are gone on i think two of my bushing(flange bearings)
and by the way i am 16 and i have basically no more money that i can dump into my tractor so, i need the cheepest way out of every thing hahaha. thank you
Back to top Go down
Shawn1750
Shawn1750

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2012, 1:57 am

There are two bolts in front of the main axle, just ahead of the bull gear. Perhaps if you unbolt them, the axle will seat correctly. Make sure you reinstall them , of course! Same thing happened to me and I ended up grenading the transmission!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans axle issues again, please help!   Trans axle issues again, please help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans axle issues again, please help!
Page 1 of 1