All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr&Mrs.Reckson
Mr&Mrs.Reckson

17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired? Empty
PostSubject: 17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired?   17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 11:19 pm

hi i just bought a tractor amp meter and i cant get it wired it has a negative and positve and a red wire on the top its in a montgomery ward with a 17.5 briggs and strattion please somebody help Question
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired?   17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 12:50 am

The ammeter is wired inline with the electrical load, positive to the battery- negative to the load. It is usually wired from the ignition on terminal to the rest of the tractor. The red wire is probably for the guage light and would go to the light switch. Did this tractor have an ammeter or are you adding one?
Back to top Go down

17.5 briggs and strattion amp meter and i cant get it wired?
Page 1 of 1