All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Has anyone else cut their fenders?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

Has anyone else cut their fenders? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 9:19 pm

I just want to know if anyone else cut there fenders. I cut mine like a guys racer on here, his is a craftsman all white
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 9:25 pm

[img]Has anyone else cut their fenders? 2012-012[/img]

I cut the flares off so my lugs would sling some mud, becuase i like getting muddy lol But i left a V shape cut in the back to leave the name and to protect my gas tank just incase i backed into something sharp.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 11:24 pm

Ive never cut them because I like the look of them uncut, and ive never had tire problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:48 am

I liked the look of them cut like this
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 11:04 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
I liked the look of them cut like this
It defenitly looks different but it doesn't make the tractor look like it was a factory look(whats what i'm going for with my Toro once I get around to working on it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 12:19 am

yeaaa, but you can tell its a lawn mower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 8:55 am

I think it looks pretty good cut (nice work btw). We left the fenders complete on ours since the tires would fit, but had to notch the section on the front of the fender panel to set the seat as low as we wanted to go.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 10:40 am

i screwed up the cut down towards the floorboardor w.e you wanna call it. I was looking at it from a bad angle and didnt notice it cutting in instead of straight
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 6:47 pm

I cut the fenders on a couple of my MTD mods - up front where they meet the footrests - mainly so theyd sit flat . I dont like cutting up decent
sheetmetal if i dont have to - so the fenders i did cut were pretty rusty. In this pic the front part needs some more trimming to fit over the footrests tho.

Has anyone else cut their fenders? Mod_mt11

I dont have this tractor together anymore tho - chassis went for a yard mower - still have the pieces for another future build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 9:23 pm

If you do cut them, make sure you are above the vertical line. the horizontal stuff is there for support. If you leave any and the fender flexes, you are gonna eat up a good set of tires real quick. the axle wont move much, but if you push on the fender to get traction, It could take a hunk out of your tires. the more you leave on the vertical part, the stronger they will be
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 5:10 pm

Yeah when i leaned into corners with that MTD - the tires were nearly touching the fenders ( was super close) - and those are a lower profile tire then stock.

I have tubes in em and those tires were pretty old anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else cut their fenders?   Has anyone else cut their fenders? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else cut their fenders?
Page 1 of 1