All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Ideas for Road Visibility

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

Ideas for Road Visibility Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 10:26 pm

I ride on the back roads alot around my house to get to trails and mud holes and i was wondering what yall use to make cars be able to see you better. I'd like to get some different ideas and see what looks best.
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 11:02 pm

Some Ideas I've thought of were Reflective Trailer Tape, Red Trailer Marker Lights for Rear Running Lights, and SMV(Slow Moving Vehicle) Sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 11:46 pm

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
Some Ideas I've thought of were Reflective Trailer Tape, Red Trailer Marker Lights for Rear Running Lights, and SMV(Slow Moving Vehicle) Sign.
I honestly can't think of a way to attach any lights..
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 11:50 pm

TennesseeCowboy wrote:
W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
I honestly can't think of a way to attach any lights..
Run a switch off of your battery then run the marker lights back and drill holes into your rear fenders and mount the marker lights in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2012, 12:56 am

I meant i couldn't think of a way to run the wires to the back, but then i remembered my battery and everything was already back there. I feel so stupid now hahaha
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 6:26 pm

Id use a heavy guage wire, so it can handle the current , or to use for any other add on.

I picked up some LED lights on clearance at a auto parts store- havent gotten around to hooking them up on the trail tractor ( since its not built yet) - tell y- some of those LED's are bright as hell .

Make sure you use heat shrink tubing or water proof connectors( even hot melt glue or epoxy would work)- or they wont be working after a mud romp.
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 7:10 pm

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:

lol i think those slow moving vehicle signs are invalid and have no meaning in the UK. They are most other place, just not the UK. Im still putting some on my tractor Razz

TennesseeCowboy, i will be building a unit to go on the back to house the lights and number plate. It will be in a couple of months though.

Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 5:05 pm

you could do what me and my neighbor did.. We put S.M.V. signs on our tractors when we would romp em stock we also added a ROPs bar to one and put orange strobe lights on them then the real notifier we mounted an air horn out of a semi truck under the hood. Im gonna do that again to one of mine
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 5:13 pm

dylansrockinrigs wrote:
you could do what me and my neighbor did.. We put S.M.V. signs on our tractors when we would romp em stock we also added a ROPs bar to one and put orange strobe lights on them then the real notifier we mounted an air horn out of a semi truck under the hood. Im gonna do that again to one of mine
oh wow, i want a dixie horn haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Road Visibility   Ideas for Road Visibility Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Road Visibility
Page 1 of 1