All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

50cc suzuki mini-quad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

50cc suzuki mini-quad Empty
PostSubject: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 19:32

right my new project is an old 50cc suzuki mini-quad

first thing is the starter, its a pull start and the start does not work!

i dont know if anyone has any experience with this type of thing...

P.S its an automatic so the engine is impossible to jump start Sad

ill get a video up sometime soon
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 20:03

Sounds awesome! I bought a 125cc moped for £30. Perfect running engines, chassis was apparently a write off, although it still handles decently.

If it has an electronic auto-choke, that could give you issues. They go bad. I managed to totally disable mine, so it requires me to cover the intake.

Got any photos of it? Might help!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 20:10

well ive got a video that im going to upload ASAP, its a clutch/brake, when you pull the lever (hand brake) there's something that moves inside the pull start, looks like it should engage into something though Neutral

50cc suzuki mini-quad Pull_s10

hope thats ok its just a still from ma video

its this thingy that i dont know what its ment to do. red is a thin metal plate that i have no idea what its is ment to do the blue thhing is what moves with the brake handle...

50cc suzuki mini-quad Pull_s11
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 09:21

Im not totally sure, Ive never worked on a bike pull start. But it's most likely got 2 or more 'dogs' that swing out when you pull the rope, then engage on a starter cup on the engine?
As for the red thing Im really not sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 10:28

i cant start it without the pull start and i dont want to either really cause the thing would be spinning beside my leg! causing pain!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 11:59

Like I said on my youtube comment, should be easy to fix. It appears to be missing 1 or 2 dogs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 12:37

i have no idea! no experience in this department, so could you explain what i need to do to get it working?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 18:30

lol 1st ever offtopic build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/26/2010, 09:49

Congrats! Ive got projects I could put in here. Mainly my lawn tractor builds (not for off roading!)

Ask around on youtube, there'll be plenty of people that can help you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/26/2010, 11:00

loading my transaxle and my quad for transport to uncles, see what he thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 06:42

got the quad working, the problem was two stroke petrol was in when it should have just been 4 stroke as it mixes its own fuel, great fun, no lower torque though, have to push it to start it off. after we got in a new spark-plug it ran fine, turns out the pull start was just seized.

getting better with time, had great fun going through puddles and water, some i had to get a push from my uncles quad but oh well,

looking into selling it soon, have to clean it up a bit though
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 11:39

Yup, I'd say sell it too Wink You could put the money into your tractor or an ATV or something. Im amazed its a 4 stroke, 50cc are normally 2 stroke. 50cc 4 stroke would probably only be about 5hp or soemthing 0.o no wander it has problems moving on its own lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 13:46

seems good on the fuel, it seems to be 2 stroke but you put in unleaded and it will mix its own from a separate oil tank, it hasn't seized yet so i think i'm right.

anyway i just cleaned it outside, with help from uncle, looking better already... putting a video up just now shouldn't take too long.

50cc suzuki mini-quad Sa400110

50cc suzuki mini-quad Sa400111

thats me cleaning it, looks better already, i never knew how light this thing is once i removed the panels and the WEIGHT that was attached to the front, going to touch the paint up with haraldite and T-cut the panels.
Back to top Go down
killer4051

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime8/7/2011, 01:26

i got one of them mines a 83 same brand as yours i love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50cc suzuki mini-quad   50cc suzuki mini-quad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50cc suzuki mini-quad
Page 1 of 1