All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Homemade Garden Tractor

Go down 
+8
Webmaster
Marines2621
Tractor Man Jeff
Doug
Chopperhed
TennesseeCowboy
MurrayMayhem
98Murray
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
98Murray

Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 5:36 pm

FearlessFront wrote:
One of a kind! I like it! Since it's a Chrysler axle, maybe you could put a select-able locker in it so you could unlock it when u needed to turn. Being from the 50's might be tough.. that would be sick though. The only thing the surprises me is the fact that it only has a 38" deck.. I have a 11 hp briggs that runs a 36" deck.
Is it diesel or gas?
Its a gasser. Would be cool if it were a diesel. I could be rollin coal on a lawn mower!
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:45 pm

Great looking tractor! I love home-built machines
Back to top Go down
jaymz_eric

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 10:32 pm

i bet she pulls a plow like non other! totally awesome man!
Back to top Go down
98Murray
98Murray

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 10:50 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments! Right now she is just a lawn orniment but I hope to have it running soon
Back to top Go down
98Murray
98Murray

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 11:14 pm

Hey guys, I got it running. More info later
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 9:28 am

Great to hear. Keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
98Murray
98Murray

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 12:17 pm

Ok heres more info.

I emailed a magneto repair company a few days ago and asked how much it would cost to rebuild my magneto. I got an email yesterday from them and they said to rebuild that magneto would cost about $250 so I thanked them for replying with a quote and went outside to see if I could fix it myself. Took apart the magneto last night and looked at a damaged gear inside the magneto. The gear is missing a tooth but seems to work just fine so I put the magneto back together and put a good battery on it.

Now before I go any further with the description I must mention that the first time I attempted to start it I used the orignal battery which was no good so I had to jump start it. When I started it the first time the motor turned over very slow but at the time I just thought it was supposed to be that slow so I thought the magneto was faulty because I wasent getting spark.

Ok back to the description. I hooked up a nearly new 420 amp lawn and garden tractor battery on the tractor and attempted to start it. I noticed the motor spun over much faster so I got a little carb cleaner and sprayed in the carb and the motor busted off. When I get some gas I will try and get it running.
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 12:28 pm

When you say "Busted off" do ya mean it fired and then quit? I hope ya get her runnin.
Back to top Go down
tractorboy567
tractorboy567

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 3:25 pm

nice looking tractor. at first i thought it looked like a jeep. bet that will win a couple tractor shows without a doubt!
Back to top Go down
98Murray
98Murray

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 11:33 pm

Got the tractor running. Runs ok but has a timing issue. Its not good but heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl5GjUbQD28
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2013, 9:26 am

That's really amazing I love that.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2013, 9:34 am

wow I thought that you had got that reposessed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Garden Tractor   Homemade Garden Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homemade Garden Tractor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next