All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

exhast help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tman9114100
tman9114100

exhast help Empty
PostSubject: exhast help   exhast help Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2013, 11:00 pm

what should i use to do my exhast pipe?
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

exhast help Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhast help   exhast help Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2013, 11:23 pm

So far ive made a sidepipe that ran to thr front of the back tire, then exited, and now im redoing it to a stack.
Pro's about the sidepipe: quiet, you didn't hear it as much. easy to work around, had a nice tone.
con's about the sidepipe: lowest hanging thing on the tractor so if I bottom out that's the first thing to hit. my front tire hit it to when I was steering sharp.

Pro's about stacks: sounds good, loud, no low hanging issues and easy to make
con's about stacks: if you weld it right to the original pipe that comes out of the exhaust port and roll, you can actually crack the exhaust port, making the whole engine block junk. The stack might be to loud because the sound is in your face all the time.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

exhast help Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhast help   exhast help Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 6:33 am

Another stack drawback- rain. IF I were to build a stack, I'd put a flapper on there to keep rain from going in there, and then running into the exhaust port. Obviously not much of a concern if you leave it parked in a sheltered area.
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
FOSWMT

exhast help Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhast help   exhast help Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2013, 5:17 pm

Have been considering this too there is lots of videos on You tube I have been watching but haven't took the plunge. The hardest bit is going to be to get the old exhaust of as it has two seized bolts I haven't run it up to temperature yet to see if the come undone with the heat from the engine. I have seen somewhere someone making a plate that you can bolt on . I would recommend a glass pack. I have seen a guy on Youtube make one of these out of two oil filter cases  . Looked neet but wobbled a lot

Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
Sponsored content

exhast help Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhast help   exhast help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exhast help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: