All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My new project "The Green Hornet"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

My new project "The Green Hornet" Empty
PostSubject: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2010, 10:57 pm

Just got this free john deere lawn mower from my local lawn mower shop for free and all that is wrong with it is the wiring is fried so have to re wire most of it but any ways here are some pictures that i took ill take more pictures tomorrow when its light out and ill post a video on youtube when i get a chance. oh btw i think im going to make this a offroad mower. i still have to clean it up and make sure theres no other problems with it.
oh and your never guess what the key is for it right now it is a screw driver lol.

My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0039
My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0038
My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0037
My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0036
My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0034
My new project "The Green Hornet" Photo0033
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 12:12 am

Nice score. Free is always a good deal but that's a really nice mower. I'd personally be tempted to rewire it and sell it. You know there's gold mixed in with that green and yellow, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 6:52 am

Cant believe that shop let it go for free- unless they figured itd cost too much to fix properly- is it missing the hood?

I want to make a 'fake' JD - last year on the side of the exspressway there was a JD hood just lying there - unfortunately we were driving too fast and in the far lane to stop n get it....was a newer hood too.
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 12:22 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Cant believe that shop let it go for free- unless they figured itd cost too much to fix properly- is it missing the hood?

I want to make a 'fake' JD - last year on the side of the exspressway there was a JD hood just lying there - unfortunately we were driving too fast and in the far lane to stop n get it....was a newer hood too.

it doesn't have a hood or battery and the shop also gave me a free lawn mower a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 7:16 am

If you can find a hood to fit it I'd fix it and maybe sell it on, purely becuase a Deere in good shape is worth alot Very Happy
Then pick yourself up another cheap or free mower and mod that.

Then again, I don't thikn there's a Deere on here yet (apart from maybe Gerry's JD) so it would be cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 7:21 am

Chunk: If i ever got a JD ( any tractor) super cheep or free - id mod the heck out of it to make JD purists p'd off Laughing
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2010, 6:16 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Chunk: If i ever got a JD ( any tractor) super cheep or free - id mod the heck out of it to make JD purists p'd off Laughing
Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new project "The Green Hornet"   My new project "The Green Hornet" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new project "The Green Hornet"
Page 1 of 1