All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

racing mower

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fetters18
fetters18

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 2:55 pm

i am making a racing mower over the winter but i need a rear go cart axle that has a sprocket on it scratch
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 4:29 pm

Needs more then that to be safely built - brakes, pin or bolt the wheels on, proper welding, direct steering. Or a free trip to the ER when it falls apart at double digits.
Back to top Go down
fetters18
fetters18

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 5:00 pm

i have all that i just need a axle and sprocket
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 6:43 am

Northern tools has 1" straight axles for $40 - differential axles for like $90 - they also have pillow block berings for around $9 each.

TSC carries weld in center sprockets.

Just pitching the saftey factor of the forum is all.
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2011, 1:02 am

fetters18 wrote:
i am making a racing mower over the winter but i need a rear go cart axle that has a sprocket on it scratch
I have one kind of old but would do. has brakes on it the old style but I have almost a whole frame its just cut into 2 or 3 parts maybe salvageable if you came and got it you could have it for about 20 bucks and for 50 you can have the frame and a brand new cintrifical clutch bearings are good for the axle
Back to top Go down
blanket80
blanket80

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 11:39 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Needs more then that to be safely built - brakes, pin or bolt the wheels on, proper welding, direct steering. Or a free trip to the ER when it falls apart at double digits.
Agreed, not trying to harp here, but i've been there, and its really not a good situation when your tie rod end pops off at 40mph because no one ever told you to use go cart style ones, or your chain pops off when your ripping down a hill and you have no way to slow down because down shifting does nothing w/o a chain, and you didn't realize that your stock brakes on the trans need the chain to work. Just a heads up from someone who's been there. Wink
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 2:40 am

Yepper - ive already built two ' scarey' modifed tractors - both i took apart because were too dangerous to drive . I cant afford to have a serious accident on one - got bills to pay and i really dont feel like eating soup with a straw if i get paralyzed wrecking one. Yes i always wear a helmit .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

racing mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing mower    racing mower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

racing mower
Page 1 of 1