All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JamisonCampbellRacing

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2014, 6:24 pm

Hey everyone I thought this might be useful for many.

I found this website that offers many different gauges, including tachs that they claim to work on 2 cylinder engines.
Here is the link:

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com

Hope this helps,
JCRacing
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2014, 6:52 pm

Too cool! Tacs are always a cool feature. I looked around at the cite and noticed shift lights, that would be the cats ass to me, I'd be really interested in one if them hooked up.
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2014, 4:15 pm

Pretty neat! Some of them would look good in The Red Fox's old MTD dash that I am recovering with Faux wood grain I cut off of an old microwave!
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 9:23 am

ive seen many scooter tachs floating around on ebay anyone ever try those
Back to top Go down
kieranruffell

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!    Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 2:04 pm

You mean these ones.
[url= http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-tach-tachometer-boat-outboard-mercury-yamaha-evinrude-50-200-300-150-/231176459530]digital tach from ebay[/url]
I bought one and they work good the only problem I have with them is that they are al little slow at updating.
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
JamisonCampbellRacing

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 7:42 pm

The only problem with those is that with a governor, you are only using 1/3 of the gauge or less, I was just thinking that it would be easy to use and auto tach for like 10,000 rpm, put it on the 4 or 6 cyl setting, and then just make a new number plate so it would show the correct rpm. Like if it was on the 6cyl setting, make a new plate using the old one, but every 3,000 rpm on the old plate would be 1,000 rpm on the new one. I see no reason why this couldn't work, but then again I'm probably wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!   Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Analog and Digital Tachometers!
Page 1 of 1