All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

new mudder/work tractor

Go down 
+2
noledroByrreK
Jordan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jordan

new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2011, 3:09 pm

i have access to the stock motor but theres a reason why i dont have it lol actually just before i put it on my trailer i told the guy he can keep the motor because i have only ever had problems with tecumpseh
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 8:36 pm

today i finally got some time in working on the tractor. i dont like working when its very much below freezing, and well canada in january/ febuary its cold lol but today was actually warm, i think it was 8 not incluting the windchill (thats 46 fahrenheit) and i wasnt busy after school so i thought id try to get as much done while i can because all winter i have worked all weekends and some full days then the days im not at work its way to cold to work, i know i know im canadian but i dont like to work with cold metal and i cant wear gloves, they're to bulky
so i have it stripped right down to the frame so now theres only the axles and steering parts on it and i started painting some pieces. i thought it would be to cold for it to dry properly but it was drying just like it did mid summer last year. so tomorrow it should be warm again so im going to try to get all the rust off the parts ready as i have to wait for more paint. when i have it all painted and back together i will post some pictues
just wondering what you all think what should i do for colour on the fenders and hood? they have some rust on them and i want it to look good so i have to paint them too
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 6:19 pm

today i took the steering off to see if theres a way i can tighten it up so i dont have to go direct steer and on my model of tractor the steering can actually be fixed, it has next to no play but the little bit there is the gear moving on the shaft so tomorrow i am going to weld it at school (my welder isnt good enough for something i never wanna reweld
hopefully i will have paint for tomorrow so i can start painting and building
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 3:06 pm

Hey mow is all die hard racers- i was on there years ago and got kicked out because i mentioned i never planned on racing my murray- talk about s*it hitting the fan. Like im going to spend a few thousand getting a racing mower ready to drive 4 hours to a track every so often - i was labeled a 'backyard basher' . Too rule driven on specific classes for me anyway. I dont say be cheep on brakes or saftey, but things dont have to be built overkill here tho. On there theyll also inquire on your updates if its being built 'according to the class' or theyll lock that thread as well.

Most times theyll send you over to that other all terrain tractor site- theyre pretty rule driven as well - anything not built to rules gets locked and banned.

I get alot of info and pictures off there for stuff i want to build- most racers tho are tight lipped about technical stuff on thier machines because they want the winning edge.

I went to a thrift store yesterday and saw a brand new set of car rotors for $25 each - i was tempted to get them. I have an idea about a hydraulic setup that might work. On you tube a guy i subscribed to is building a hommade go kart with full suspension- he used a rear hydraulic master cylender from a motorcycle as well as the caliper and disc from the same bike.

Me, i want to hit the local auto junk yards see what kind of disc setup and caliper i can get off a car cheep enough and use the motorcycle master cylender- ill have to make my own hubs to mount the rotor to the axle tho.

Dang- too many projects and ideas and no time to do it! Mad Mad

Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 5:26 pm

Need something small, like a geo metro or similar sized car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 5:44 pm

im looking for a street bike to get the brakes off then take it into the machine shop and mod the rotors to fit on the axles and set it up with independant rear brakes, so if one fails i have a backup and itll turn sharper lol
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 5:28 am

I dont think youll need to worry - using just one disc from a motorcycle will literally fling you off the tractor when slamming on the brakes - die hard racers use 4 discs - thing would definitly stop on a dime.

Jamus- yeah those rotors i saw were like for a honda - a pretty small car- about a 1 1/2' or so in diameter. With one of my lowered tractors id have to watch ground clearance or make a skid plate for it.

Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 9:12 am

but if i use the one disc it will only stop one tire and if i have to brake hard it will turn a little
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 10:09 pm

theboredredneck wrote:
but if i use the one disc it will only stop one tire and if i have to brake hard it will turn a little
lock tranny then
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 9:09 am

im thinking about it because it will help me a lot in the mud
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2011, 8:56 pm

finally got something done on the tractor worth updating about
i have the pulleys in place to keep the belt in line and away from other things so it wont rub, i just have to weld in 2 pieces of metal as keepers on the new pulleys (sorry no pictures of it i forgot) but i do have pictures of it as it sits now all painted up and ready for a motor.
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260951
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260950
i put the bear claws on so i knew how much of the fender i have to cut away so the tires wont rub, this is what i have to do when i cant pull the tire off by hand
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260949
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260948
tied off to the far wall in my shed
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260947
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260946
after a bit of fighting the tire came off

this is what it will look like when its done, i just set the hood and fenders on for this picture
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260952
then when i was done with the tires put them on my other tractor and went out playing. i didnt go far though because last night was -18 i believe and today was +5 so there was still a good 2 inches of ice on all the water around here and i dont like smashing through ice because its hard on the tractor
new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 P3260953
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new mudder/work tractor   new mudder/work tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new mudder/work tractor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2