All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Transaxle question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Average Joe

transaxle - Transaxle question Empty
PostSubject: Transaxle question   transaxle - Transaxle question Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2015, 11:20 pm

Im just wondering but it seems that peerless trannys are the way to go. Why is this? Are the oil filled from the factory? Are they beefier than others? Better internals? I'm running a non modified spicer in my 15 hp craftsman and it has handled every bit of speed and abuse I've thrown at it. Again just curious as to why peerless trannys are the sought after ones
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle question   transaxle - Transaxle question Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2015, 12:13 am

I run a spicer, I go 20mph everywhere I go, and I have dumped the clutch in rocks bigger than my front tire. I run 22x11-8 atv tires and never had a problem, not even a micro crack in the case, but I have a open diff. Most people use peerless, because the bull gear pin is bigger(to get more metal to weld to for locking), they have more fins on the case(to help hold the case together since locking them stresses the case more), peerless took more time and care to build the tranny, and that's about all I know why they use them. I hope I helped you out. I never had a peerless myself, but that's what I get out of watching youtube vids.

Also, I think most are grease packed, but Doc suggest if you are going to go faster to convert it to oil filled.
Back to top Go down
Average Joe

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle question   transaxle - Transaxle question Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2015, 12:37 am

Yea that helped, and kinda what I gathered by reading stuff here and there. I plan on drilling and oil filling my spicer and maybe put in a vent tube in case i run it alot and it gets hot. It barely gets warm stock though but that nasty old grease does nothing for a modified machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle question   transaxle - Transaxle question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transaxle question
Page 1 of 1