All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Dynamark Upgrade.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 11:55 pm

This was my first tractor build from 13 years ago or so. It failed to sell at a yard sale so I got it free. I swapped the pulley, rode the snot out it and had a blast. It sat outside for a few years when I moved out and it got kind of rough. I ended up stripping it down last fall due to it being pretty well worn out. I pulled what you see in the photo out of the scrap pile a few days ago. I'm waiting on stuff for better projects, but I might throw this thing together with some junk just for old times sake.

Dynamark Upgrade. 0H5iPrk

Last edited by Customrust on March 28th 2016, 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2015, 8:58 pm

I had to move the dynamark outside again to make room. I should have known that was going to happen. Added another project to the list.

Last edited by Customrust on March 28th 2016, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2015, 8:00 pm

Fancy stuff.
Dynamark Upgrade. NDwZ1Zj

I think I found most of the major parts. Then I hammered the shifter plate back into shape and welded up a few small cracks. The shift pattern decals were uncovered using a bit of paint remover just for fun.

Dynamark Upgrade. RA0mICY

Dynamark Upgrade. YET7mVT
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2015, 8:21 pm

That was a real sharp tractor back in the day. Are you going to use the original axle? and what motor & tires?
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2015, 8:40 pm

I'm going to throw it together with whatever I can find laying around, so nothing is really set in stone yet. I have the peerless 3 speed transaxle which will do the job. I have a running 11hp flathead that I'll probably slap on there for now.
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2015, 9:49 am

I managed to loose the bushing that the front axle rides on, it must have fallen out somewhere. Hopefully it'll turn up.
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2015, 7:47 am

Looks like I might have jumped the gun with this one. I still haven't found that axle pivot bushing despite tearing the barn apart. To top things off I just picked up a sears gt project. I need to shuffle things around and maybe get rid of a few things. Maybe that will thin down the list of projects some.
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2015, 8:05 pm

So a few days after starting this thread a Sears GT18 project basically fell into my lap so this one is shelved for a while.
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2016, 5:38 pm

The old dynamark just got upgraded. I just picked up this Dynamark 18/42. I think it's the biggest dynamark they sold. It has a 4 speed cast iron housing trans with 1" axles and 5 lug hubs. I also got a pressure lubricated opposed 18hp to go on it. Don't expect a ton of updates right now, but hopefully I'll get a little time to work on it.

Dynamark Upgrade. H8pluOX
Dynamark Upgrade. JMoh4GH
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2016, 7:30 pm

I can't read the tag but the rear end looks to be a peerless 2300. I got the engine bolt holes drilled out and robbed a few idler pulleys from the donor mower.
Back to top Go down
Timrsnakess
Timrsnakess

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2016, 10:30 pm

that thing should be pretty heavy duty with the 1" axles and oppy pressure lube lots of power being put to the ground
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 9:06 pm

So I mounted the motor up and started trying to plan out the drive belt.
Dynamark Upgrade. 2upHehF
I took a double stack pulley, cut off the offset pto pulley and flipped it over until it sat over the old drive pulley.
Dynamark Upgrade. GqsWLVw
The twisted drive belt is new to me, so we'll see how that works out.
Dynamark Upgrade. BdXcP9n
I also cut off this deck hanger thing because it was annoying me.
Dynamark Upgrade. 3rKnCME
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2016, 7:20 pm

I got some new tires for the front, plus two for the cub. For $6 each for a complete wheel it doesn't hurt to stock up. They aren't anything special, but they should be better than the smooth ribbed tread.
Dynamark Upgrade. 0BLDkCE
Back to top Go down
rstolz

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2016, 3:08 pm

Customrust wrote:
I got some new tires for the front, plus two for the cub. For $6 each for a complete wheel it doesn't hurt to stock up. They aren't anything special, but they should be better than the smooth ribbed tread.
Dynamark Upgrade. 0BLDkCE

same setup as on my MTD Ranch King, with the Oppy and 2300. absolutely no shortage of power. I use mine to plow and haul a fully loaded double jet ski trailer around. I'm running a 4" trans pulley and stock engine pulley. That's going to get upsized to 5" or so.

Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 6:36 pm

Terrible photo I know, but I got the belt and pulleys run. I'm not sure if they're right, but I think it'll work.
Dynamark Upgrade. 4r4vkM5
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 10:00 pm

I didn't like the twisted belt setup on my old simplicity. Couldn't get it to work right. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2016, 6:47 pm

Turns out I installed the clutch idler wrong. I moved it around but it still doesn't stop the belt when clutched. A 1/2 belt might help, but I kind of like the idea of keeping the larger belt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dynamark Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Upgrade.   Dynamark Upgrade. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamark Upgrade.
Page 1 of 1