All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Got me an Lawnmover (Again)

Go down 
+4
1997 Murray
chevy8988
MatthewD
parrafin23
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
parrafin23

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2015, 12:02 am

Tell me about expensive.. I just need some smal parts, and the shipment is more expensive than the actual parts. My choke cable broke and I need a new one. $57.50 for a new one here in Norway. This was for a Ariens snow blower.. affraid I asked him if he dared mention that prize again!..

anyways..

While im waiting for the parts for the trans, im fiddelin with the exaust, I had to bend and cut the original exaust pipe to clear the suspenstion "tower" Welded in a tube, but I cant figgure out how i want the exaust to be. I dont want the exaust to blow in my face, and I dont like to have it under the machine cause of ground clearance. Up front where it originaly was fited, im planing on a winch.. Perhaps extend the frame a bit and see what I can come up with.. Im a bit fan of the silence stuff, so I might visit a breaker and find a scooter silencer like I did on my mini racer.
Im not sure yet.. Why does everything have to cost so "#"¤"#"% much!!!!

Wel. its time for me to try to awaken kiddo from hees sleep and get him to kindergartden so I can get to work..

Mr.P

Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2015, 5:58 am

Today, its -6c outside and I have an icy downhill road with an S curve, and my Lr3 was on summer tires, so I had to take the fields down to main road to get the winter tyres on it, I grabbed both front and rear tires from the tractor and new tires went on :

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2014

The tire in the back of the picture was the original turf savers that was on the tractor when I got it

I got the new oilfilled bronze bearings for the transaxle, and im just waiting for the oil seal to arive so I can put it all back together. I do not think I want to lock the rear end just yet..

Mr.P
Back to top Go down
MasonMcK
MasonMcK

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2015, 10:48 am

Man those tires look great. What brand are they and what size?
Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2015, 11:47 am

Brand :

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2015

Size :
Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2016

Im realy lookin forward to try these..

Had some fun trying to pimp up the strenght of the front a bit, just for the "susp" towers to get some more support and the front lower end :

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2017

Added a bit more iron to the match

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2018

Got a plate cut to size that I wanted Drilled a hole for the steering shaft and welded it on. its sheet metal 2.5mm in thickness.

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2019

I didnt get finished with it, cause i was out of flux core. damn.. Filling smal gaps is no problems, but when it comes to bigger ones, its difficult. I have more fluxcore, but im tired and a tad hungry, so this will have to wait for tomorrow..

Mr.P

Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 2:55 pm

I got some parts today that Im planin to use. from a green bolean i think it was :

A 5 speed peerless trans

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2020

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2021

Pedalbox :

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2022

And the rear axle with chain :

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2023

I managed to get the wheels, solenoid, Choke wire and a battery..

Any Ideas on what I can use on my project?

Mr.P

Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2016, 1:07 pm

I got the transaxle parts, but the bushings, I was not able to get. so i replaced those with filled copper bearings, I dont know is that is ok to use, got 2 new oils seals. cost me 35$ in shipping..

I have started to lock the transaxle, following redneckcomputergeak's instructions. You'r Video is rly good. I dont Think I would have dared to open it and try and lock it if I didnt see your video first. But the welds doesnt look too good with my welder.. I think im goin to grab my stick welder on full juice, 100Ah or 120Ah, not sure and try and weld the sucker sollid..

Im goin to fill it with oil, no doubt, But I do need a breather hose of some sort.. a one way valve perhaps, that i have to drill and tapp a hole somewhere. Or can i just fill it partly up and skip the breather part? If I do so, im afraid the oil seals will be blasted out due to the preassure build up in the case.. Im not sure. I have to start working more on it, its been sittin all winter and I have done nothing at all to it..

Mr.P

Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2016, 5:31 am

Wel.. the FNR transaxle is removed from the mover and im putting in the 5speed transaxle i got. Im planing to keep the varidrive system, cause I like it. Yes I know Im strange.
I test mounted the transaxle to the mover, but It didnt fit straight on to the existing bolt holes. If I was goin to use the original belt I had to move the transaxle forward, buch forward, and that will not work with the tyres, and it would look straneg. So I cut the back plate of the mover out and bolted down the transaxle. Now I had an alignment issue with the input pully and the idlers, So i used 2 nuts or 8 nuts to lift the frame from the transaxle to make it as perfect aligned as possible by eyeballing it. Good enough for me atm. And now comes the 10000000$ question.. what belt size is the "correct" one. I have checked all the thinkable stores near me that sells belts, and they dont have 5/8" belts... only 1/2" belts. and I do beleave i cant use those.
When I ask they tell me i need Partnumbers for the belt.. FFS!! sure i can give'em partnumbers out of my head, but that will not help a darn thing..

I think I need some aid from you guys.

Mr.P

Back to top Go down
parrafin23

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2016, 12:28 pm

I got some done today, managed to get a 1/2 belt that was a tad too long, I added an idler so now it looks better, but time will see if it hols up or not.
Working with the shifter linkage is not so easy as i thought.I wanted to use the slot allready present for the deck height adjustment. I dont have alot of stuff around that I can use. So making something up, takes a long time, testfit and redo, test fit and redo.. I have lost count on how many times i have done this with just the rear part of the shift linkage.
Here are some pictures from my time in the "Garage", my private "little" hideout where I mostly can be by my self without anyone bothering me.
Atleast its a rollin chassis now, and my neightbors are looking at me like im not welcome around here anymore. Driving around in their Range Rovers and porche's and other brands i refuse to name publicaly.

Anyway a day has gone past and im done for today. more thinkerin about tomorrow, Hmm Sunday.. crap.. Neighbours.. DAmit!!

Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2010
Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2011
Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Img_2012

Mr.P
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2016, 10:23 pm

Tacking thinner sheet metal together can be tough. Once you get used to it it's not so bad, just have to get a feel for how fast to go to keep the right amount of heat going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got me an Lawnmover (Again)   Got me an Lawnmover (Again) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got me an Lawnmover (Again)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: