All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
Account activations are on HOLD!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Project Poor-Runner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 8

PostSubject: Project Poor-Runner   Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Well this 1990 4runner kinda fell in my lap, v6 3.slow, five speed SR5 nice everything inside, 4.56 factory gears for 1100$ I originally bought it to resell and make a couple hundred bucks, but then I drove it and kinda fell in love. Its in great shape rust wise, but rough around the edges otherwise. Has lots of PO stupidness to undo. Such as Pluming pipe and washer body lift, T-bars cranked a stupid amount, Rear drop brackets from a old lift kit still on but factory coils put back in that are sagged out, bent/rubbing upper links from the lift bracket. Anyways plan is simple, simple fun wheeler on a budget. I ordered all new ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm and pitman arm, along with all new seals for front and rear axles from Rock Auto for dirt cheap. Gonna trade the cv shafts in on a warranty at the 'Zone because the boots are busted and hey its lots easyer and cheaper than doing cv boots :mrgreen: Ordered ball joint spacers so I can uncrank the torsion bars, and ordered a set of 1.5 inch lift OME springs for the back. Im gonna take the lift brackets and the body lift off, Throw a lunchbox in the rear and Put a set of Techno Excavators on it. build a set of sliders and a front bumper. Then add a winch. Then its gonna take over DD duty from the lexus and hopefully be a fun toy (pun intended) till I get some other projects done
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 42

PostSubject: Re: Project Poor-Runner   Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 am

Seems like most lifts are hack jobs. Just makes the car less drive-able if you don't do it correctly. This one doesn't look weird where it sits though. I had a 1984 toyota pickup I used off road a lot and it held up pretty good. Had 240,000 miles on it.

***Simplicity Racing Research & Development*** #64
Simplicity Adventure Edition
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Project Poor-Runner   Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:18 pm

I agree most "lift kits" are junk, and solid axle toyota is about the toughest truck ever build. I Put a full day in on the runner today, got the rear axle pulled and stupid brackets off, upper links are bent and bushings are toast, lowers aren't much better, bolts are seized in the frame side. I got em soaking in a tub of atf I'll see if it helped tomorrow. Hoping to find replacement uppers and new bushings for the lowers,but I'm striking out finding replacement links Sad I'll clean up the axle and give it a quick coat of paint after I get a locker here, anybody have a spare locker they are willing to part with? I snapped a few pics today too

Before pic of the brackets they welded on

After, had to torch em, ran outta torch gas at the last second and barely finished the cut it was crazy how it worked out lol

Stuck bolt in front drop brackets >Sad

New parts!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Poor-Runner   

Back to top Go down

Project Poor-Runner
Page 1 of 1