All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Buying pulleys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hampshireborn
hampshireborn

Buying pulleys Empty
PostSubject: Buying pulleys   Buying pulleys Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2016, 3:37 am

Still looking somewhere in UK to buy a 5 or 6 inch pulley for my B&S motor.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Buying pulleys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying pulleys   Buying pulleys Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2016, 12:11 pm

Do you still have the stock engine pulley? Back when I made mine, I cut both pulleys off and welded them on again in the opposite way, so the deck pulley was at the top. If you don't you'll need to at least have the centre part so that you can buy a new pulley and weld to it.
Back to top Go down
kit352

Buying pulleys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying pulleys   Buying pulleys Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2016, 1:33 pm

Machine Mart would be my first choice. They usually have some just make sure you don't get fractional ones. If not look for a small engine repair place or and agricultural supply store. Believe it or not eurocar parts has some pullies too but may not fit a Briggs. EBay or Amazon works too.
You could do the welding thing but I always thought it was sloppy. I prefer to buy one.
Back to top Go down
TedTheDestroyer
TedTheDestroyer

Buying pulleys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying pulleys   Buying pulleys Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2016, 10:29 pm

Check out RaptorSupplies.com they are a part of Grainger and stock their pulleys, they will have the pulley you need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying pulleys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying pulleys   Buying pulleys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying pulleys
Page 1 of 1