All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Trailer spindles?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

trailer - Trailer spindles? Empty
PostSubject: Trailer spindles?   trailer - Trailer spindles? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 12:23 am

Maybe I'm blind and not seein it but has anyone made a post on how to install trailer spindles on your lawn mower instead of having stock tractor spindles?
Back to top Go down
Tractorhead
Tractorhead

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Trailer spindles?   trailer - Trailer spindles? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 7:56 am

I've thought of doing it.  Cut the hub and stub axle from a trailer indespension unit and weld to a cut off tractor spindle maybe with an inch overlap (wouldn't trust the strength of an inline butt weld) either above or below depending if you're raising or lowering with a good meaty weld.  Then you get all those bolt on trailer wheel options.  
Future projects cyclops
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Trailer spindles?   trailer - Trailer spindles? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 10:13 am

Tractorhead wrote:
I've thought of doing it.  Cut the hub and stub axle from a trailer indespension unit and weld to a cut off tractor spindle maybe with an inch overlap (wouldn't trust the strength of an inline butt weld) either above or below depending if you're raising or lowering with a good meaty weld.  Then you get all those bolt on trailer wheel options.  
Future projects cyclops
couldn't since trailer spindles are 1 1/4 couldn't you make new spindles so the whole hing is 1-1/4 so it's super beefy?
Back to top Go down
BigPip
BigPip

2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Trailer spindles?   trailer - Trailer spindles? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2020, 10:23 pm

I did on my build but I'm about to change it up but I am still going to use trailer hub and spindles. I used 1 inch 2k kit with a 4x4 bolt  pattern, but I also had golf cart rims I am using so I needed it
trailer - Trailer spindles? Img_2019

JB_4x4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer spindles?   trailer - Trailer spindles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer spindles?
Page 1 of 1