All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

can a 1/4" make a difference for a drive belt?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
garvy

belt - can a 1/4" make a difference for a drive belt? Empty
PostSubject: can a 1/4" make a difference for a drive belt?   belt - can a 1/4" make a difference for a drive belt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2016, 3:53 pm

I bought a mower from a guy that said it needed a belt and he had one. I just took his word for it and removed the old one then put the new one on. well the trans doesn't disengage when I push the clutch in. I took it off and compared the two and the old one has a slight bit of slack so I put it back on and same thing. so now I have looked up both belts they are listed as 95". I looked in the owners manual that says is the same model as mine and looked up that part number it is 95". then I found a thread on the internet for a tractor with the same model number as mine and their "pro" gives a different part number and when I look that up it is
95 1/4".
Back to top Go down

can a 1/4" make a difference for a drive belt?
Page 1 of 1