All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Empty
PostSubject: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 5:38 pm

alright so on the 40 cc 2 stroke engine the piston will not go down far enough to let gas in. i took a video so yall could see what i mean.
as you can see it will go up and down but wont go any lower than the top of the intake manifold. i stuck my finger in ther and try to move it around and its not loose or wobbly or anything. any advice?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 6:15 pm

oh and i know for sure the engine runs good because i just got it running with the carb off and dumping gas strait into the cylinder through the spark plug hole.

and it sounded pretty good to
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 9:21 pm

i want to say its supposed to do that but then how would it suck gas in through the carburater scratch
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 10:07 pm

yea u are right. i found out today that its not supposed to go down that far. it sucks gas underneath the piston then blows it through a tube to the top then fires.

but i still have a problem lol. it still wont start without pourin gas directly in the spark plug hole. so i guess its a carb problem but the carb is spotless
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 7:53 am

check all your gaskets and it it has a needle valve clean that and make sure nothings blocking it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?    Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why wont the piston not go down far enough to let gas in on my 40 cc 2 stroke engine?
Page 1 of 1