All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? Empty
PostSubject: Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?   Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2021, 9:43 pm

I have an old Appleby tent trailer that I hope will become the metal donor for a one man camper for the Rat Rod. 
It looks like this (pic from the net). Everything but the frame/axle, and the dark panel on the left side are aluminum. 

Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? 7c60a810

The plan is for a rigid shell camper with a door and window. No setup, just crawl in and you are camped. Sort of an oddball teardrop type thing.

I hope I have enough material to build something like this odd looking thing. It will be about the width of the Rat Rod and should be quite light. The end panels above the mid line will have to be thin plywood. Should be fine. 

Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? 53179010

The idea is for it to be just large enough to hold a small mattress with shelves and storage on the sides and a shelf for kitchen gear at the end. The Rat Rod will also have it’s own little pickup bed for gear hauling.

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?   Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2021, 10:06 pm

That would be awesome! A small skylight would be a nice touch. You're building the rat into a t bucket style!? That's cool as heck!
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?   Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2021, 11:17 pm

Yes, the Rat will be a pickup. I have an aluminum diamond plate truck box I plan to cut and make a short bed. I’m hoping for fenders and all. Depends on how long I last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?   Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe a tiny one man camp trailer?
Page 1 of 1