All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

19xx Ford LGT125

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Empty
PostSubject: 19xx Ford LGT125   Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 12:56 am

This is (or will be) a new acquisition coming very soon. Again, another tractor with a story (though nothing like the little hot rod Christine). Turns out an old (now deceased) gentleman bought it brand new around 1980 from the Ford tractor dealership that used to be in Wenatchee (a town of about 40k people near me). He used it to mow and do light work around his orchard in Omak, another small city just north of me. When his health declined he parked it indoors, then sold it just a couple years ago. A fellow posted it up on facebook marketplace for a steep sum but one I think is worth it (around here, anything 'real' is expensive). He tells me he bought it from that older gentleman right before he passed. (I actually know the orchard it was used in, it was just uphill from my old house). The new owner did a condition assessment and with the exception of the seat it is structurally and functionally perfect for its age. It does however need a tune-up, oil change and the like with the possibility of a carburetor which I have brand-new in the box from my old JD140 that had the same engine.

I don't plan to molest it much with body mods, paint and body is just too clean. Either a buff and wax, maybe some of that 'patina sauce' ol' Puddin' talks about on his YT channel. I am however going to make a modular rack for it on the rear 3 point mounts until I can get proper cat 0 equipment for it. ALTHOUGH, much to a buddy's distaste, I may pull the kohler in favor of the 4a032 I mentioned in another post. 2 range, shaft driven hydrostat, run from the flywheel side? Yeah, that little flat 4 would be perfect for it. That, and a set of UTV tires for the rear and a bit of tire swapping on the front, it'll be great.

Here's the only picture I have thus far. The deal for it is done, and it will come home very soon

Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 27222510
Back to top Go down
MN mudder
MN mudder

2022 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: 19xx Ford LGT125   Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 8:02 am

@fatboy_dan hot dang another feller who watches puddings! that's gonna be one cool tractor when you get it, I've always liked them old fords but never see any around here.
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Established Member
Budget_gokart
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 19xx Ford LGT125   Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 8:28 am

i feel like most of us watch puddins or VGG or ddspeed shop and or zipties and bias plies but thats for the offtopics thread lol i LOVE the ford tractors if i could find a smaller one id love to build one
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 19xx Ford LGT125   Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 11:33 am

MN mudder wrote:
@fatboy_dan hot dang another feller who watches puddings!  that's gonna be one cool tractor when you get it, I've always liked them old fords but never see any around here.

I'm trying to get a 100 from the previous generation as well, guy is kind of a joke but the tractor looked intact. we shall see Smile

MN mudder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 19xx Ford LGT125   Ford - 19xx Ford LGT125 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

19xx Ford LGT125
Page 1 of 1