All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
indianaboy93

Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Empty
PostSubject: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:31 pm

i was just thinkin about this the other day. i was wondering if you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower and then run your belt back to the trani like you always would. would this work? (or am i just an idiot? lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:40 pm

indianaboy93 wrote:
i was just thinkin about this the other day. i was wondering if you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower and then run your belt back to the trani like you always would. would this work? (or am i just an idiot? lol)

Yeah it will work, northerntool sells them. cheers
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:43 pm

this is just a thought idk if i'd want to do it. me and my dad used to be really big into go-karts, thats what got me thinkin about it. might have one layin around.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:47 pm

i have a tranny that converts chain drive to belt (horizontal to vertical) or the other way around. it would work great for this kinda deal
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:49 pm

i was thinkin if you had one of the mowers that has the forward and reverse and then the gears seperate it could work. just use the forward and neutral part and put the centrifical clutch on the motor. and then run your belt back to it.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 5:02 pm

It would work, there just expencive, tend to wear out, and don't like water... No It would make a fun street tractor though, which will probably be my next project.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 5:26 pm

yea. i may never do this but it was just a random thought. i have them alot... lol
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 6:39 pm

Lawntractor racers use them - usually the chain driven types . I have one belt driven and one chain driven clutch- the chain one is going on the wizard - might use the belt one on the mild mod MTD- ill haveta see when i get back.

I dont think theyd work too well on offroad situations - wear out too fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower   Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you could put a centrifical clutch on a vertical shaft mower
Page 1 of 1