All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

JC Penny mudder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
farmerall
farmerall

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 10:16 pm

Hi everyone I just want to share what my new project will be here soon.

A year ago I got this old tractor to fix up and resell. Well the engine started to go bad and it turned into a money pit. So after scraping the deck and and removing the engine no one wanted the tractor even for free. It just wont go away lol. So now I am go to turn it into a beater and maybe a racer eventually.

I hope that I can start this project soon and I'm open to suggeestions about what I should do to it.

Here it is from when I first got it.

JC Penny mudder 100_3350
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2012, 1:25 am

id first paint it i have the same lawn mower but mines a murry thats who made them all i found it out in the woods and it had no dack and a 11 hp cized briggs i took that off and havent messed with it really but im gonna lift it or lower it or somthing soon[left]

All remeber Nothin stops a Kawasaki,and to save your confederate dollors cause the south will rise again
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2012, 11:44 pm

i would just find a motor for it and run it until the wheels fall off!
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2012, 7:43 am

That's the same frame I started with for one of mine. Frame is decent, but has some flex. Had to build a x-brace underneath. Front axle mounting is also weak, and bolts like to get loose. Decent steering box, decent transmission. If you ride it hard (jumps/crash) the frame can bend behind the front axle. Hood hinges are riveted and will need replaced with bolts eventually.

If you run a 4 in pulley on the front and a 3 in the rear, top speed is 35-40. I would recommend larger pulleys front and rear to prevent belt slip, but keep the 4-3 ratio. Gear oil in the transmission will help it last.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2012, 6:31 pm

I have a similar tractor- mines a 80's agway( murray) 3 speed - for years stock i ran it thru the swamp behind the folks house when visited - did pretty good for a 10HP briggs and stock wheels , cept when i got into the thick stuff it just didnt go anywhere, i beat the snot out of it and it handled it pretty well.

I did a minor pulley swap- like 4" motor pulley and 6" trans pulley, wasnt searching for insane speed, just faster then the geriatric stock speed. Eventually i dragged it down south , added larger front tires , planned on 14.5HP OHV motor, but due to other things going on, its pretty much sat under a tarp.

Eventually i plan on either finishing it ( atv wheels and a 4x4 mod) or using another tractor for a offroader and returning it back to mowing .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JC Penny mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: JC Penny mudder   JC Penny mudder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JC Penny mudder
Page 1 of 1