All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Well Good buy old briggs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

Well Good buy old briggs Empty
PostSubject: Well Good buy old briggs   Well Good buy old briggs Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 8:35 pm

I really hated to do this but i shredded the old i/c gold engine block, i had to shred it to get more metal in my scrap metal can, the only thing i couldn't destroy was the cylinder part, cause the cast iron sleeve made it difficult to even bend. But the poor old beast will still live on, i swapped out all the parts out to my 5hp block i bought of of ebay. all the parts fit just right, now i need a ring compressor to put in the piston and she will be ready for action. But what i liked about the ic block was the castiron sleeve, replaceable bushings for the crank.

But im suprised briggs been using the same crap for YEARS ON END cause a 1995 parts are fitting in a 1970 block. Untill they went with ohv engines.

but even though im fixing this engine im still going to buy that 6.5hp honda for my kart, cause this guy who buys them all the time for equipment and stuff, says they have more power than the 5hp but 6.5 ohv is going to run alittle better. but im getting it also cause it has a cast iron sleeve as well and bearings for the the crankshaft.
http://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-horizontal-shaft-overhead-valve-gas-engine-66014.html
thats the link to the engine
but its suppost to be on sale at the harbor freight near me.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Well Good buy old briggs   Well Good buy old briggs Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:33 am

Thats not a honda motor- its a honda clone made in china. The way ive herd how crappy thier stuff is lately- i wouldnt buy it.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Well Good buy old briggs   Well Good buy old briggs Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:43 am

idk i may try to get a deal on the briggs enine, its the 900 sereies intek ohv, do you know how much hp a 900 series has? the guy were i work says that the first digit of the 900 is 9 for 9hp or a 1345 series would be 13hp, would he be right?
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Well Good buy old briggs   Well Good buy old briggs Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 7:19 am

From what Ive heard those clones can be pretty good. just to confuse the issue! lol. But you could always upgrade it anyway with aftermarket honda engine parts. Is you run it at governed speed you should be fine!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Good buy old briggs   Well Good buy old briggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well Good buy old briggs
Page 1 of 1