All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

WRECKS and Accidents

Go down 
+2
matthew sidor
dylansrockinrigs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

WRECKS and Accidents Empty
PostSubject: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 3:22 pm

Post stories about your lawn mower or ATV wrecks here.
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 3:52 pm

my first mower i ever had. i took it out in the woods and it died out in the middle of a field and we brought out my cousins toyota so we could pull

it to my house. well when we started to pull it the front tire hit a rut and went ass up and totally bent most of the medal on it Sad after that, the

engine wouldnt run so i just scrapped it. man i miss that thing
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 5:08 pm

Ive only had one accident on my tractor I was goin down the back of my pond damn at an angle and needless to say i was hauling ass lol any way because i didnt have a locked front end it tipped and rolled on its side and slid a few feet . And thank God I didnt hurt the tractor lol
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 5:36 pm

Today i was in the woods and decided to go through the creek and when i just rebuilt the motor and shaved the head a little to give it more power. i decided to try to drive strait up the 8 foot ravine that had been cut down in a few spots so we could drive in the creek. so i was going up the edge of the ravine which is at an 86 to a 90 degree angle i started climbing in first gear. (my mower is bone stock) it went up and up and then started slipping so i pushed in the clutch and rolled back down i put it in third gear and tried again the front end started to come off the ground so i backed up put it in 5th gear and went up then halfway up i pushed in the clutch and changed to sixth and the front end went up up up and then the tractor and i went splashing into the creek below upside down. It landed in a deep spot and my elbow hit a rock and the flywheel was on my leg and it was still running so that hurt pretty bad even though i had some thick coveralls on. i reached to turn the key and the flywheel caught the coveralls at my wrist and flung my hand around a few times til it shut itself off. the whole time i had to keep my head above the water. The tractor hasnt started since for some reason and ive got a bit of a limp a bruised elbow and my hand has a few cuts on it.
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 6:56 pm

Yesterday i was going down a steep hill and i hit the brake a little because there was a bump and the belt come of and i started going fast down the hill and hit our head gate it hurt and it still does!
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 10:28 am

I've flipped them over backwards, forwards, sideways, hit trees, ditches, and other mowers, jumped them, and have broken every part possible. I've seen NASCAR style flipping end over end at high speed, and seen them rolled down large hills.

Now, they have been upgraded with all the knowledge from all the carnage, and haven't wrecked one since. Only thing broken since is throttle cables, and shift keys.

For a quick story, we had just built the first front engine fast mower. But, gas pedal and brake were reversed, or on the wrong sides, due to tractor design. Friend Chris gets on it, and before he drives it, I warn him about the pedals. Sure enough, he gets going, panics, hits the gas instead of the brake, and slams it into his truck. Dented the truck bed some. After that, the pedals were put on the correct sides.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 10:56 am

My tractor was the first of the group to get a 14HP engine (up until then they were pretty much all ragged out 8hps). Chris (why is it always Chris?) took it for a test drive around the yard. He stopped and held up 3 fingers, signalling that he was going to try a 3rd gear launch. Stretch and I looked at each other, shrugged, and watched. Chris gasses it, drops the clutch, and the tractor stands straight up. He rolled off the back and the tractor just went on its happy way across the street and into the side of a cinder block building, where it stalled out. He and the tractor came through this adventure pretty much unscathed (other than his pride LOL).

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 10:37 am

Another good one...

Stretch and Chris were racing in the woods around a course we had been using. Whenever those two get neck and neck it gets crazy as both are really competitive. Stretch came around a corner and got on two wheels sideways (which actually is pretty normal for him). Unfortunately for Stretch, the tractor tipped too high for him to recover it and still stay on track. Enter an inconveniently placed tree. The tractor missed the tree entirely, but Stretch was stripped off of it. I swear the tree flexed cartoon like and spat him back onto the path. Amazingly, no injuries or damage in this one either.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRECKS and Accidents   WRECKS and Accidents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WRECKS and Accidents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: