All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New tires with out messing with the hubbs!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lane85
lane85

tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Empty
PostSubject: New tires with out messing with the hubbs!   tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 9:19 am

My craftsman needs real tires not turf tires! i can get some atv tires but i probably cant put them on the rims that came stock but if i get atv rims i would need to mes with the hub system!i need help on what to to "other than chains" for my tires! i cant deal with getting stuck with turf tires every time i go in places other than grass
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: New tires with out messing with the hubbs!   tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 9:31 am

What size tires do you need?

What rim size? Whats the axle size, is it splined, keyed or does it have flats to engage the wheel?

ATV tires need to be mounted on Bead lock rims or they wont stay seated.

One way is to have a machinist cut out the centers of your stock wheels, and machine out a matching circle in the ATV rim, and then weld them together. It will cost, but you should be able to get them reasonably straight and true.

Or you can weld the atv rims directly to the stock rims. It will make tha tarctor a lot wider, and put a lot more wear and tear on the spindle and axle.

Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: chisel tires   tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 1:15 pm

lane85 wrote:
My craftsman needs real tires not turf tires! i can get some atv tires but i probably cant put them on the rims that came stock but if i get atv rims i would need to mes with the hub system!i need help on what to to "other than chains" for my tires! i cant deal with getting stuck with turf tires every time i go in places other than grass

One of the guys in the Mower community playlist and he is also a member here, used turf tires, and then used a hot chisel to remove some of the treads to make a off road tire..might be an option for you..

Also, on the ATV rims, (not to insult you) but, double check before you purchase that if you intend to do the weld method that they arent aluminum..just as a reminder to check..
(a guy came to me asking to fix his rim, and it was aluminum) thats why i say this..I couldnt help him weld them up.

Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: New tires with out messing with the hubbs!   tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 1:35 pm

Junkstarbuilds wrote:

Also, on the ATV rims, (not to insult you) but, double check before you purchase that if you intend to do the weld method that they arent aluminum..just as a reminder to check..
(a guy came to me asking to fix his rim, and it was aluminum) thats why i say this..I couldnt help him weld them up.

Good point
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tires with out messing with the hubbs!   tires - New tires with out messing with the hubbs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tires with out messing with the hubbs!
Page 1 of 1