All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Small Craftman RM7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 10:57 pm

what could I do to this machine? sorry about shitty video. But i couldnt back up all the way to get the complete machine. The 7hp tecumseh motor is garbage so Im looking for for 8 horse briggs (industructable) people please give me some ideas lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg_44E5x89Q
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:04 am

Might be too small for an offroader- could lower it and make a mod - shouldnt be too hard with the chain drive.

Get some smaller wheels, different pullies and some sort of minibike/go kart brake and itd make a neat hot rod.
Back to top Go down

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:27 am

if you wanted you could raise it and due to the chain you could make suspension, fearless tried and couldnt do it due to the transaxle but you could!
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:38 am

i do have a older shock from a polaris indy lite sled i could fab up with a swingarm type rear end. The possibilities are endless lol i dunno what Id do with the front end though i guess what fearless did
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:40 am

That would be a cool machine. Definatly ditch the Teccy.

Being so small, it could acuatlly be awesome off roa, fairly light weight so great for hill climbing and stuff, plus you could fit it through smaller spaces. I'd mod it for off-road or speed. Maybe a bit of both, a sorta low machine but with agressive tyres?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:45 am

Chunk wrote:
That would be a cool machine. Definatly ditch the Teccy.

Being so small, it could acuatlly be awesome off roa, fairly light weight so great for hill climbing and stuff, plus you could fit it through smaller spaces. I'd mod it for off-road or speed. Maybe a bit of both, a sorta low machine but with agressive tyres?

Yes that would be legit would probably need to mod fenders though, but my friend i know can sell me some agressive snow/mud tires (carlises (spelling) for $40 canadian that fit on current stock rims. Only time will tell lol for now if i find a briggs ill leave it stock for a while
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:47 am

I'd snap those tires up! $40 seems awesome to me!
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 9:04 pm

what would be the best ratio? im thinking of putting on a 4 horse briggs 2 stroke lawnmower motor and i kinda wanna go stock then again i dont. Biggest challenge would be the fact that since its a lawnmower engine, theres a hub where the blade mounts and would be inpossible to get a pulley on it without cutting it of. would this change the throw on the crank???
Back to top Go down

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2010, 3:23 am

mine runs a 4 inch front and 10 inch back, great for offroading but way to slow over all slighly faster than walking speed, im going to try and put the transaxle off the snapper on it for two reasons, try out the gears, see if there good and also its got a 5 inch pulley stock on it! which will make the ratio similar to fearlesses What a Face

the reason mines so slow offroad is cause it hasn't got any suspension so i feel like my butt is going to kill me if i go too fast lol. you could probs go for a 1:1 or 1:1.2 or similar with suspension, fearless doesn't have any but still...
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2010, 4:40 am

Mine's 1:1 and seems fine. Seat springs are all the suspension you need! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Small Craftman RM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Small Craftman RM7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Craftman RM7
Page 1 of 1