All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New MTD project

Go down 
+2
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

New MTD project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Updates!!!!   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 8:03 pm

Ok long time to update!

I got everything working good, got my foot throttle all hooked up which took the most time.

Still need to make a good electrical system and put a car battery in it.

But i took her for a ride and man does she fly and handle great with my custom made front end.
I try'd to make a video with my phone but it's not showing up when i put the sd card in my pc.
I will try to make one with my camera one day this week or next. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: New MTD project   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 7:43 am

Cool beans! Yeah im going to further mod my mild mod - im ditching the variable pulley and making a stacked pulley in its place - then can use the smaller trans pulley as well( ill move the pulley more tward the middle of the tractor- also will help with the height issue). I was totally disapointed in its speed ( couple kids down the street were interested tho- LOL!) when i took it for a spin- i put the smaller pulley on, was a lil faster, but the belt came off again....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MTD project   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2010, 12:00 am

Not much of an update but i will have one soon.
I have made three different throttle setups and none of them worked very good on this going, so i'm making a throttle with linkages instead of cable.

Still have to do brakes and belts keepers and electrical, but besides that it runs and drive great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Update!!   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 6:36 pm

I'm makig it better every time i work on it.
I was driving it around for the longest time yet and man was it fun.
The really fun part was people seeing me go 15-20mph in reverse in my back yard! tongue

Only thing that is still wrong is my gas pedal is a bit sticky witch makes it a little hard to keep the same speed.

Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: New MTD project   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 7:54 pm

TRcustomengineering719: why are all your videos links dead. i just tried watching some of your build vids but they dont work. it says you deleted them! i really wanna see them too! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365

PostSubject: Re: New MTD project   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 12:12 am

arild365 wrote:
TRcustomengineering719: why are all your videos links dead. i just tried watching some of your build vids but they dont work. it says you deleted them! i really wanna see them too! Razz
Cause they wre on my old youtube account and i made a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New MTD project   New MTD project - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MTD project
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3