All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

84 murray mudding project

Go down 
+9
THE MTD GUY
alborn401
dangeroustoys56
Doug
CornishMorgan
truckin42
TheRainbowBoxer
WellThatsSurprising
Mark288
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mark288

twin - 84 murray mudding project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   twin - 84 murray mudding project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2013, 1:28 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing

Well this thing is more like plastic than glass headlight lens, haha. I finished my clutch tonite and got a brandnew belt on it should do real good. Brakes are toast idk what to do cuz this tranny (peerless 800) is squealing real bad its wore way out, what would you guys get thats cheap too?
how much are you willing to pay because you can get a peerless 820-037 it has 1" axles so you could get 1" hubs and get some bigger rear tires plus those transaxles are bullet proof or you could go cheaper and get a spicer 4360-149 for under $100 i recomend the 820 because it has bearings insted of bushings like your normal transaxles

Well i think i might save for the peerless820. Now with the 1" axles what kind of wheels do i use/where do i get them etc
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

twin - 84 murray mudding project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   twin - 84 murray mudding project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2013, 3:08 pm

Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing

Well this thing is more like plastic than glass headlight lens, haha. I finished my clutch tonite and got a brandnew belt on it should do real good. Brakes are toast idk what to do cuz this tranny (peerless 800) is squealing real bad its wore way out, what would you guys get thats cheap too?
how much are you willing to pay because you can get a peerless 820-037 it has 1" axles so you could get 1" hubs and get some bigger rear tires plus those transaxles are bullet proof or you could go cheaper and get a spicer 4360-149 for under $100 i recomend the 820 because it has bearings insted of bushings like your normal transaxles

Well i think i might save for the peerless820. Now with the 1" axles what kind of wheels do i use/where do i get them etc
a peerless 820 is $139.95 here http://www.smallenginesurplus.com/peerless-820037-transaxle-p-3542.html and you can get the 4 bolt hubs here http://eccarburetors.com/webstore/rear-hub-4x4-4x110-w-bolts.html and make sure you select 1" bore so now you can use any 4bolt rims like atv rims from 9" to 12" and some smaller rims like 6" to 8" im sure if you go on craigslist you can find some old rear atv tires that are 4 on 4
Back to top Go down

84 murray mudding project
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3