All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.

Go down 
+6
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Thunderdivine
Kel
Chopperhed
truckin42
30hp100mph
10 posters
AuthorMessage
30hp100mph
New Member

New Member


Join date : 2013-02-07
Points : 4085
Posts : 1

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 10:28 pm

I got a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Charlotte 660 racing engine, making 30hp at 5200 rpm. It's got a rev limmiter, oil pressure gauge and oil temp gauge stock for the motor, electric start, horizontal shaft. This thing is not a muddin tractor, its a full out street machine. This motor pushes a 800lbs car around a 1/3 mile track at about 150kph, I'm going to make a tractor do that speed.. Going to have stock law tractor tires, balanced and front end work to make the steering tight. Hydro rear disk breaks and a 12 tooth clutch, and 68 tooth on the axle... I wanna be able to get through the subdivisions in a hurry, it will be straight headers into a stupid fart can I'm going to cut off the nearest shitvic. I'm posting this here to see in anyone would be interested in watching youtube videos, or just building threads.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2012-10-04
Points : 5281
Posts : 1070

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 10:34 pm

Sound like a cool build.
I would do videos.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Chopperhed
Moderator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 57
Join date : 2012-10-14
Points : 5032
Posts : 801
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 10:45 pm

I wanna see it.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Kel
Member
Kel
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-03-06
Points : 4137
Posts : 75
Location : New Franken

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 7:57 pm

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Kel110


This one is my Drag racing mower. 63.7 GPS 1/4 mile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com
Kel
Member
Kel
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-03-06
Points : 4137
Posts : 75
Location : New Franken

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 7:59 pm

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Kel210

24Hp Briggs Twin, 6 inch front pulley, 3.5 rear at the transaxle, no reverse. (Prevents internal chain break,)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Join date : 2012-12-21
Points : 6321
Posts : 2101
Location : Norway, Europe

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 8:11 pm

Kel wrote:
60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Kel210

24Hp Briggs Twin, 6 inch front pulley, 3.5 rear at the transaxle, no reverse. (Prevents internal chain break,)

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-01-28
Points : 4715
Posts : 599

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 9:21 pm

Nice cant wait to see this
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
Member
W1ldyOvvnZ
Member


Age : 28
Join date : 2011-12-06
Points : 5029
Posts : 499
Location : Winchester, ON, Canada

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 11:17 pm

i like the trailer tires for the rear, atleast they wont wear out quick and are fairly cheap to replace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 49
Join date : 2012-04-05
Points : 5479
Posts : 959
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2013, 12:36 pm

For the reverse chain breakage, (in peerless 820)you can replace the stock #41 with a #40, which is almost twice the strength. Same pitch and roller dia, fits perfect. Reverse isn't too important in a road machine, but for a trail machine it's needed.

Check the front axle for camber, caster, and toe. I've had good luck with 0 toe, -5 to -10 caster, and 0 camber. Some stock axles have massive camber in them, and get unstable at speeds above 20 mph. We are at 45mph, and can drive no hands at that speed.

Those small front tires are going to be really spinning at 60mph. They make some decent high speed bearings for the 1-3/8 bore.

Looks like a neat build, pretty clean looking.
Back to top Go down
Kel
Member
Kel
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-03-06
Points : 4137
Posts : 75
Location : New Franken

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 7:04 pm

Thanks guys, this will be the 3rd year running it.

I'd have to disagree with the description of #41 and #40 chain. They may look the same but are different. I don't use the reverse chain during drag racing but yes off road you can for sure.
With this application it cuts down on heat and internal drag and vibration. But the specs on each type of chain is:
The specs on both chains are slightly different....
#41 is:
1/4" wide
.306 roller diameter
rivet end to centerline distance .313
connecting end to centerline distance .266

#40 chain is :
5/16" wide
.312 roller diameter
rivet end to centerline distance .392
connecting end to centerline distance .325

No thanks, I'll keep my hands on the steering wheel at 45mph....lol.. tongue

Yes, I used bearings and high temp grease for the front tires.

Thanks Stretch...more build are on the way.

Kel
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Join date : 2012-12-21
Points : 6321
Posts : 2101
Location : Norway, Europe

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 7:14 pm

Hence the numbers #40 and #41 lol
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-01-28
Points : 4715
Posts : 599

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 9:35 pm

Kel wrote:
Thanks guys, this will be the 3rd year running it.

I'd have to disagree with the description of #41 and #40 chain. They may look the same but are different. I don't use the reverse chain during drag racing but yes off road you can for sure.
With this application it cuts down on heat and internal drag and vibration. But the specs on each type of chain is:
The specs on both chains are slightly different....
#41 is:
1/4" wide
.306 roller diameter
rivet end to centerline distance .313
connecting end to centerline distance .266

#40 chain is :
5/16" wide
.312 roller diameter
rivet end to centerline distance .392
connecting end to centerline distance .325

No thanks, I'll keep my hands on the steering wheel at 45mph....lol.. tongue

Yes, I used bearings and high temp grease for the front tires.

Thanks Stretch...more build are on the way.

Kel

yeah , im not gonna let go of it eather, lol
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
Member
dylansrockinrigs
Member


Age : 25
Join date : 2012-02-28
Points : 4816
Posts : 306
Location : Silk Hope N.C.

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 9:41 pm

I would do videos and build awesome tractors.
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
Member
dylansrockinrigs
Member


Age : 25
Join date : 2012-02-28
Points : 4816
Posts : 306
Location : Silk Hope N.C.

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 9:53 pm

30hp100mph wrote:
I got a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Charlotte 660 racing engine, making 30hp at 5200 rpm. It's got a rev limmiter, oil pressure gauge and oil temp gauge stock for the motor, electric start, horizontal shaft. This thing is not a muddin tractor, its a full out street machine. This motor pushes a 800lbs car around a 1/3 mile track at about 150kph, I'm going to make a tractor do that speed.. Going to have stock law tractor tires, balanced and front end work to make the steering tight. Hydro rear disk breaks and a 12 tooth clutch, and 68 tooth on the axle... I wanna be able to get through the subdivisions in a hurry, it will be straight headers into a stupid fart can I'm going to cut off the nearest shitvic. I'm posting this here to see in anyone would be interested in watching youtube videos, or just building threads.

With that set you will top out at 40-50 unless you have giant tires see this website http://www.diygokarts.com/speed-calculator.html
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-01-28
Points : 4715
Posts : 599

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 10:27 pm

i seen a guy with a 6 speed 2.5 in back and 6in in front with a 20hp twin doing 55
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 49
Join date : 2012-04-05
Points : 5479
Posts : 959
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 10:40 am

Relax guys, it will work, and work well. #40 is a wider chain, same pitch, perfect fit. 41 is the light duty application for 40 chain.

I looked up specs and dimensions when replacing the chain. The way they list dimensions is deceiving, the one's that don't match have to do with the wider width, and larger pins. Rollers are still same diameter, I measured them with the dial indicators.


You may not be able to use 41 chain in place of 40 chain, if the teeth are too wide on the sprocket.

Next time you have a set of 41 sprockets, take a piece of 40 chain and check it out. Perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
Moderator
TheRainbowBoxer
Moderator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Age : 49
Join date : 2012-04-23
Points : 5477
Posts : 1089
Location : Galion, OH

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 10:51 am

He is right... I helped him with replacing the chains and they work great.


Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Join date : 2012-12-21
Points : 6321
Posts : 2101
Location : Norway, Europe

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 5:40 pm

dylansrockinrigs wrote:
30hp100mph wrote:
I got a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Charlotte 660 racing engine, making 30hp at 5200 rpm. It's got a rev limmiter, oil pressure gauge and oil temp gauge stock for the motor, electric start, horizontal shaft. This thing is not a muddin tractor, its a full out street machine. This motor pushes a 800lbs car around a 1/3 mile track at about 150kph, I'm going to make a tractor do that speed.. Going to have stock law tractor tires, balanced and front end work to make the steering tight. Hydro rear disk breaks and a 12 tooth clutch, and 68 tooth on the axle... I wanna be able to get through the subdivisions in a hurry, it will be straight headers into a stupid fart can I'm going to cut off the nearest shitvic. I'm posting this here to see in anyone would be interested in watching youtube videos, or just building threads.

With that set you will top out at 40-50 unless you have giant tires see this website http://www.diygokarts.com/speed-calculator.html

Need a calc with pulleys, and yeah there's really a huge difference on the tire dimension.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Join date : 2012-12-21
Points : 6321
Posts : 2101
Location : Norway, Europe

60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 5:42 pm

Stretch44875 wrote:
Relax guys, it will work, and work well. #40 is a wider chain, same pitch, perfect fit. 41 is the light duty application for 40 chain.

I looked up specs and dimensions when replacing the chain. The way they list dimensions is deceiving, the one's that don't match have to do with the wider width, and larger pins. Rollers are still same diameter, I measured them with the dial indicators.


You may not be able to use 41 chain in place of 40 chain, if the teeth are too wide on the sprocket.

Next time you have a set of 41 sprockets, take a piece of 40 chain and check it out. Perfect fit.

You've tried it so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.   60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
60MPH (minimum) lawn tractor.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Noma Lawn Tractor My First Tractor
» V6 Lawn Tractor
» 4x4 Lawn Tractor!
» Mtd lawn tractor
» [23] "Death Wish" 4x4 lawn tractor

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: Pics and Videos-
Jump to: