All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Sarge's first run after oil leak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Sarge's first run after oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 6:38 pm

well i got sarge to start after he had a bad oil leak also i upgraded the rear gas shocks on the parents van to some new monroe shocks and i got the old factory gas shocks well lets just say that they are busted you can push them in and they wont come back at a closer look there was a few rust wholes in the top but i got the idea that when fearles lifted the front of his crawler he used some kind of shocks i think ill do the ssame but ima use some big ass shocks lol it should be a sight here is my todo list and it will get done

*do a full rear lfit only 6" and do front lift 3"
*get some new rear tires and some front tires
*add some big ass front shocks from a 1994 chevy G20 sportsvan
*find a new engine
*redo hood so that you can open it from the front like a truck
*get a new engine pulley
*"maybe" get a winch
*get a new battery
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 6:47 pm

I believe Fearless used old gas shocks that you see on the rear hatches of some cars. Their purpose is to more or less slow down the travel of the front axle, so be sure to get some semi-dead front shocks if you use big ones or else you might as well have a locked front end.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 6:48 pm

forgot to say this but i did put the old strait pipe on sarge the new one i made well lets say its to big :l and im out of welding wire to make a mount to support it ummm i did redo the brake pivot arm s i can like barley push on the brake pedal now and it locks up the rear tires LOL its like super strong bt about me rambling on about the brake pads i have some from my car (the red ford in the video i drove by) but there no usable there beond worn down
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 6:50 pm

Your exhaust did sound very toned, how big is your pipe?

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 7:00 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
I believe Fearless used old gas shocks that you see on the rear hatches of some cars. Their purpose is to more or less slow down the travel of the front axle, so be sure to get some semi-dead front shocks if you use big ones or else you might as well have a locked front end.
well the shocks i got are way past dead but i can push them in and they wont come back out but i can pull them back out so thats what ima use they work like fearlessfronts but there like 3x bigger hen there fulley extended there 21" long when there fully pushed i there only 13" but before i put them on im gonna find a new engine

Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 7:09 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Your exhaust did sound very toned, how big is your pipe?
its just some 2inch by like 12inch pipe what gave it the rumble sound was my cam the exhaust that is on it now its only 1inch by 6" from a swimming pool ive got over 48 feet of the stuff i got it from a freind that works at a junk yard a guy came in and my freind called me up nd i bought it from the junkyard for $88 it was only 12 pipes but there 4feet long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarge's first run after oil leak   Sarge's first run after oil leak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarge's first run after oil leak
Page 1 of 1