All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

can yall help me out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jackcraftsman

can yall help me out Empty
PostSubject: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 8:12 am

hey guys im finally back on the forum. im wondering if they have a centrifigal clutch that will fit my 12hp i/c model 28 briggs
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 8:34 am

And of the normal, off-the-shelf offerings from Hilliard, Max-torque, or Comet will fit. All of these major manufacturers offer clutches with 1" bores and are reasonably affordable. For something more heavy duty, look to race clutch manufacturers such as Noram.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 9:16 am

northern tool is a good place to check, along with your local TSC if you have one. you'll probably find one. just make sure its heavy duty so you dont burn it up with that much power
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 11:38 am

Doc is right about getting a better clutch like a norman. 12hp is a lot so make sure it can be able to go up to that much power. Tractor supply doesn't sell the 1in bore clutches so you may just have to buy one online. I don't know if you will be able to run a chain on its side like that though. But with a spring loaded tesioner it may work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 12:01 pm

Noram makes a decent clutch. The extreme duty hilyards will work too - but not as good. Their max HP is right around 12hp, I think 13. The bright side, hilyard makes a pulley centrifugal clutch option as well. right around 75 bucks from BMI karts.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 3:50 pm

FWIW, Comet makes (or used to- haven't checked lately) a pulley version of their 350 or 400 series clutch. As long as gearing is reasonable, you always have a bit of leeway in hp ratings. Also- everyone should be aware that the Hillard Extreme Duty is a marketing thing, and all indications seem to roank it right alongside the standard Comet and MaxTorque offerings. If you want something that is ACTUALLY heavy duty, get a racing clutch.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 6:28 pm

either a racing clutch or a "torq-a-verter".. found at Northern tool and probably BMI karts
Back to top Go down
jackcraftsman

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2013, 12:51 am

thanks guys, im about to have another project, im builin a 80s craftsman "mow mud" and a old skool hotrod out of one im fixxing tomget with a vtwin and foote 4 speed
Back to top Go down
jackcraftsman

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2013, 1:07 am

Hilliard Extreme-Duty Clutch — 1in. Bore, 3.0in. Pulley i found this at northern tool. is a 3 inch pulley enough tho i plan on makin some speed and puttin brakes on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can yall help me out   can yall help me out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can yall help me out
Page 1 of 1