All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The Montgomery Mudder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

The Montgomery Mudder Empty
PostSubject: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2013, 3:05 pm

i have a Montgomery Ward with an 11hp Briggs flathead. my goal by next spring is to make it a reiable, running machine. By summer, i want to do the mods that i have found.
By spring,
Replace the wiring
Direct steering
New battery
Start cleaning up rust  
patch the rust holes
paint the frame, seat, hood and body
check seals and bearing on everything
New fuel line and filter
By summer,
Pulley swap
new tires
possibly handlebars
headlights
new brake setup
The point is to make it like an atv. A multipurpose machine for me to get around on and enjoy myself. I wish i could put some pictures up, but i cant right now, but i will update as i go.
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2013, 4:34 pm

Sounds a worthy jop Have been doing my Westwood Gazelle W11 up and converting it to run with PTO . Its been fun I fitted a car battery instead of the crappy tractor battery which is 99% better. I changed my wheels to run adapters to make the wheels easier to fix with punctures. I look forward to seeing your progress. Regards Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2013, 6:41 pm

Honestly the progress could go faster. I just wish i had a welder but what can ya do. My pap is a big supporter, but he wants me to get the motorcycle running so im just gonna have to see. i might put the bike progress in the offtopic section if your interested
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2013, 10:08 pm

Sure! Let us see what you have going!

I would add a gas pedal to the plans for your atv... unless you are planning to use a hand throttle.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2013, 7:21 pm

UPDATE 1: More rust than i thought. Hopefully gonna get an angle grinder to speed up the removal process. Im going to look the transaxle by doing "The Doc Locker" https://www.atltf.com/t2789-locking-a-peerless-transaxle-the-doc-locker the link. I want to get the rust cleaned up, have the motor running good, and start working on the steering by Christmas. With turkey, pheasant, and deer season starting up, progress will slow down. After that, i cant think of any delays so thats good.
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2013, 3:04 pm

UPDATE 2:I bought some rust converter for the major rust spots. It turns the rust into a black primer that you paint over. Now i have to wait 24 hours for it to be ready to be painted. I did most of the hood bout 20 minutes ago and im going to do the seat in a little bit. By monday the seat will be painted and finished. Hopefully the hood will be done monday also.
Back to top Go down
greesemonkey
greesemonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2013, 10:36 pm

Sweet I have a 73 Montgomery starter pros it coming good
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2013, 1:20 pm

UPDATE 3: I got the seat, back cover, and most of the front taken off or apart. I primered and almost got done painting the seat and pieces tht it is held on by. I also started priming the back cover, but i ran out of primer halfway through. When i finish all that, ill finish taking apart the tractor and paint it. ill get the motor all set after that. Finally, ill clean up the rims and repaint them also. Hopefully i can get the steering fixed after all that is done.
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 7:36 pm

Change of plans, since im barely started on it, im entering it in the competition, id like to keep this thread up though so i can keep the progress tht ive posted, it helps me if i need to go back to something that i did 4 months back for the details.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 8:14 pm

i like how it sounds. got any pics?
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 8:42 pm

January 1st im taking tons of photos, hopefully yall like em
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 8:48 pm

sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Montgomery Mudder   The Montgomery Mudder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Montgomery Mudder
Page 1 of 1