All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Single line/ double line Brakes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Single line/ double line Brakes? Empty
PostSubject: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 8:28 am

what to get? and what bracket fits what? aaand Happy Thanksgiving for you guys, and Black Friday!

http://www.bmikarts.com/1-or-1-14-Hydraulic-Brake-Kit--Clear-_p_587.html

Single.
http://www.bmikarts.com/1-or-1-14-Single-Line-Hydraulic-Brake-Kit-_p_584.html

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 10:18 am

What exactly is the difference? At a glance it looks like they are both dual-piston calipers but the more expensive one simply runs a seperate line to the two caliper halves, and/or is capable of actuating a second caliper. More detail would be great.

One thing I will say- I don't know if it's my auto mechanics background or what, but I don't know if I can bring myself to trust plastic hydraulic brake lines.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 10:44 am

I think your locking up your axle either way lol. My buddie races karts and he says you only have to push it so hard till the back tires are dragging.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 11:39 am

Doc Sprocket wrote:
What exactly is the difference? At a glance it looks like they are both dual-piston calipers but the more expensive one simply runs a seperate line to the two caliper halves, and/or is capable of actuating a second caliper. More detail would be great.

One thing I will say- I don't know if it's my auto mechanics background or what, but I don't know if I can bring myself to trust plastic hydraulic brake lines.
I don't know, IM asking bounce 

Same here, Im used to single copper wire, but this plastic is tougher than one's may think.

I would think the single line is also dual like you say, but I can't find the info.

Last edited by Thunderdivine on November 29th 2013, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 11:41 am

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
I think your locking up your axle either way lol. My buddie races karts and he says you only have to push it so hard till the back tires are dragging.
True that, even those mechanical one's are good enough. Atleast for 35mph Very Happy 

Guess I'll get the single line or mechanical for simplicity.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 3:47 pm

Ah, just get the single. My opinion anyhow. I have used some VERY good mechanical disc brakes on various things, but I'm a hydro guy at heart. I just prefer juice brakes. Part of that might be the fact that they self-adjust, part of it might be that I'd rather have a maintenance-free hydraulic line rather than a mechanical linkage, perhaps because you don't have to mess with a linkage to get the leverage right for pedal throw and clamping pressure. Dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single line/ double line Brakes?   Single line/ double line Brakes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single line/ double line Brakes?
Page 1 of 1