All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™

Go down 
+13
camomanusa
MurryMaddnes
craftsmancole
Lawren Wimberly
redlinemotorsportts
1997 Murray
willis923
mr.modified
Thunderdivine
Jedi
Doc Sprocket
richie thomas
untrusty huskee
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Empty
PostSubject: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 8:17 pm

I am using a mtd frame, what I have all ready done to it is, gutted the hole thing and I had split the frame so that it slides back in the back part of the frame so that the motor ( an 8hp for now ) and in time that motor will be a 40 cude, the trans is one from a mtd with a variator so it only has for word and revers, I will be using a ragerlar lawn mower belt clutch. I will be welding a chopper bicycle to the front in turn turning it into a trike.I will be using a 8" pulley on the trans and a 3" on the motor. I will use the rageular brakes that are on the trans, um I will have update videos on my YouTube.com/trevorlc100 . then I am hoping to make this in school at our welding shop. I'm not going to put the variator back in I'm only gunna have for words and revers, I had the idea and its gust for having fun on. I might paint it military green and black and the name is Te Drill Sargent.

Last edited by untrusty huskee on August 29th 2014, 3:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 8:25 pm

untrusty huskee wrote:
I am using a mtd frame, what I have all ready done to it is, gutted the hole thing and I had split the frame so that it slides back in the back part of the frame so that the motor ( an 8hp for now ) and in time that motor will be a 40 cude, the trans is one from a mtd with a variator so it only has for word and revers, I will be using a ragerlar lawn mower belt clutch. I will be welding a chopper bicycle to the front in turn turning it into a trike.I will be using a 8" pully on the trans and a 3" on the motor. I will use the rageular brakes that are on the trans, um I will have update videos on my YouTube.com/trevorlc100 . then I am hoping to make this in school at our welding shop. I'm not going to put the variator back in I'm only gunna have for words and revers, I had the idea and its gust for having fun on. I might paint it military green and black and the name is trike commander.
we're gone need pics
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 8:52 pm

heres the frame that i will be using, but i still have to get the chopper

bTHIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Unname13" />ike.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 9:07 pm

Your sign almost put me into a seizure- and I'm not even epileptic! LOL

Welcome to the build-off. I very strongly urge you to consider better brakes than factory- first, for your own safety, second- you'll have to demonstrate your brakes work to qualify as a finisher for voting.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2014, 9:16 pm

like i said up above, i will also be posting updates on this project on youtube and the finishing video on here for the final voting, and the video will not only be a demonstration i will also drive it and try to get a top speed run, but thank you for qualifying this build
Back to top Go down
Jedi
Jedi

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2014, 9:55 pm

This build should be interesting, and if finished, maybe a little bit dangerous.... good luck!
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2014, 9:59 pm

I'm not really looking for speed on this build, but just something to do and have fun on
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2014, 12:59 pm

Cool blend, Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2014, 10:17 am

heres the mock up of the frame, i will be getting to work on it more real soon

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2014, 8:37 pm

Nifty idea. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 9:29 pm

Here's the chopper frame finally!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ IMJ_20140125_153400
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 9:30 pm

untrusty huskee wrote:
Here's the chopper frame finally!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ IMJ_20140125_153400

Where  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 12:49 pm

Sorry I guess my tablit won't let me upload pictures but here's my update, and what my planes are for it. ( a little bit more indepet )

And here's a picture of what I want the colors seem to look like

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_6411" />

Then here's a rough mock up of what the build should look like

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2010" />
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 4:10 pm

Mock up looks good, the video won't work, says it's private only.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 5:39 pm

now try it, my channel is being real dumb and i cant see why
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 10:34 pm

I had bolted the frame and the sub frame together and had mounted the running boards

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2011" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2012" />

Last edited by untrusty huskee on January 31st 2014, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 10:39 pm

i cant help but notice your gascan is a bit ferfriggsakesed... i hate those new cans. i drilled a hole in mine, fished a valve stem through it, so i just undo the cap and it freeflows
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: mtd trike..... the commanding trike ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2014, 10:36 am

"running birds"? autocorrect? lol looking good.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2014, 12:12 pm

i had finally got the frame and everything else at my school, and now i will be uploading pics when i will have his class next. and im hoping that he will let me do a video update.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 5:01 pm

Can any body tell me what kind of trans this it
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2016" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2018" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2026" />
I had looked it over and I could not find any markings no tags no nothing all I know is that its a 5 speed. Here's my vid of it.

Last edited by untrusty huskee on February 27th 2014, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 5:06 pm

800 series (like a 801 or along the lines)
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 5:13 pm

Started cutting the chopper frame. Actually its all cut but I ha e to take a picture of it later. Then I had cut the mtd frame flush with a plasma cutter.

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2020" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2021" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2022" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2024" />
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2014, 9:54 pm

I had got new lights for this, I had wanted to get these along time ago.... And I think they will look cool on the front forks.
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Fb_img10" />
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 9:21 pm

Pic of the cut chopper frame,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2027[/img]

And here is the chopper frame just sitting under the mtd,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2028[/img]

Then I had took an old school desk and made it into my seat,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2029[/img]
[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2030[/img]
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
untrusty huskee

2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2014, 5:39 pm

A quick YouTube video

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next