All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

First Startup Of The Year!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the54
the54

First Startup Of The Year! Empty
PostSubject: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2014, 5:54 pm

So its been cold this winter in Canada but its finally warming up so I decided to get one on my tractors running. No one knows any of my tractors much so ill post videos mostly pertaining to which ones I have over the next month or so.

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2014, 7:14 pm

C'mon! Get at 'er! It's cold, but hey... The tractors call! I've had MULE out at least once a week all winter so far! Oh- And the next video? I better see an ATLTF sticker in there somewhere!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
the54
the54

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 3:41 am

Doc Sprocket wrote:
C'mon! Get at 'er! It's cold, but hey... The tractors call! I've had MULE out at least once a week all winter so far! Oh- And the next video? I better see an ATLTF sticker in there somewhere!  lol! 

Haha yea it is cold! Yea I would but where I have all my tractors outside they get snowed on so I have a giant tarp covering them all except a few with there own so it makes it hard to work with. Plus its far from my garage. I hate leaving them out in the elements! Your gonna see some stickers next video!!! I haven't checked the mail yet. I'm sure there in it though!

This tractor is in rough shape, the tranny is seized somehow and the engine is knockin real bad as you could probably hear. Debating rebuilding it right now. I've named all of my tractors so I can keep track of what one it is and what one I know I'm talking about.

This one is named "Steady" has a pulley swap and does 60 KPH at redline. Has no governor, no oil slinger weights, a locked rear end with gear oil, a custom exhaust, K&N air filter.

I have around 8 and maybe more to come soon. My buddy and I have drove this one for 2 years now and he's got a thing for doing stunt jumps with it lol. Took her on 4th gear into a giant mud hole and jumped off and rolled to a stop once. It was then that I realised I need to bring my camera every time I go rompin!

You might know a place in Midland Doc that I'm talking about, Its a salvage yard on Rumney road called Mikes Salvage. I was there once with my Girlfriend when she lived out there and there's more tractors then you can count there. Im gonna go back with some money when the snow resides... IF it resides lol!
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 10:43 am

we need pictures!
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 11:11 am

The knocking noise could be loose engine mount bolts... if you haven't already you should check those before you tear it down. You might be surprised as to how much loose mount bolts sound like an engine about to grenade.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 11:23 am

kinda wanna test a engine till it grenades just to have a cool video to post on youtube
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 11:39 am

TheRainbowBoxer wrote:
The knocking noise could be loose engine mount bolts... if you haven't already you should check those before you tear it down.  You might be surprised as to how much loose mount bolts sound like an engine about to grenade.

had tht happen before, scared me until investigation
Back to top Go down
the54
the54

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 5:07 pm

TheRainbowBoxer wrote:
The knocking noise could be loose engine mount bolts... if you haven't already you should check those before you tear it down.  You might be surprised as to how much loose mount bolts sound like an engine about to grenade.

Good thinking, I had it happen to myself a couple of times before. This engine has no loose bolts unfortunately lol

My friend had it at his house for awhile and he put in 5W20 by accident and drove it around for a week or so and it was over heating like crazy and making a lot of noise before we hung out. I changed it when I found out and this is what we were left with  First Startup Of The Year! 2429134702 

Now it smokes pretty bad and knocks REAL bad. Might do a rod and crank swap with another 11HP or just throw straight 40 in and a lot of oil thickener and hope for the best! Either way its going to make for some good videos haha!

Its kind of a beater tractor now, he ran it with no air filter on it for awhile too :/ I'm always given him ***** but it keeps holdin up somehow. Its been going strong for two years of ingesting mud, redlining all the time, and a few big crashes. The frame is actually buckled just in front of the seat on the top if you look real close. I don't know how Briggs did It but they made it indestructible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Startup Of The Year!   First Startup Of The Year! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Startup Of The Year!
Page 1 of 1