All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

most people dont think to do brake lights like this...

Go down 
+2
Moose
nathan wilson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Empty
PostSubject: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 12:54 pm

ive wanted to do brake lights for a while, and most people say, oh, toggle switch, starter push button. but most people don't think of the safety switch built onto the clutch from the factory. its already the right kind of switch, ive tested mine, it works the way you would want it to. press down on the clutch, the lights would turn on. im planning on putting a spring on the switch so that it engages earlier in the range of the clutch. so you just press on the clutch a little and the lights turn on. im thinking of using two trailer height markers from walmart, I know that theyre around 14 dollars for both. we'll see how it plays out. I just cleaned up the wiring on my tractor, so hopefully it will go better than some of my electrical mods.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 1:18 pm

nathan wilson wrote:
ive wanted to do brake lights for a while, and most people say, oh, toggle switch, starter push button. but most people don't think of the safety switch built onto the clutch from the factory. its already the right kind of switch, ive tested mine, it works the way you would want it to. press down on the clutch, the lights would turn on. im planning on putting a spring on the switch so that it engages earlier in the range of the clutch. so you just press on the clutch a little and the lights turn on. im thinking of using two trailer height markers from walmart, I know that theyre around 14 dollars for both. we'll see how it plays out. I just cleaned up the wiring on my tractor, so hopefully it will go better than some of my electrical mods.... lol!

Doc sprocket did it
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 1:49 pm

Close, but no. I used the brake light switch from a motorcycle. Adjustable, and waterproof.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 2:02 pm

ive actually thought of doing this for a long time now, just never needed it on my grass cutter.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 2:55 pm

Brake light's look cool, I dislike wiring, and got 4 lights on mine now, so I don't think I'll be doing it, but good idea using something already there.
Back to top Go down
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 3:21 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Brake light's look cool, I dislike wiring, and got 4 lights on mine now, so I don't think I'll be doing it, but good idea using something already there.
Thanks, just one of the good things about knowing your tractor, what it has, and what it can do. Ive had my tractor on two wheels many times and have never rolled it. Thank god. Paid $50 for that tractor. And parts for it are more than imaginable. Your lucky, being able to go to a junkyard, come home, "so I found these old leaf springs that should fit my tractor with some mounts, and and a little welding!" I get to pay full price for stuff. That explains why I am so resourceful. lol! 
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 4:11 pm

Yea without that junkyard, I don't think I would be as interested in these as I am now..... Trial, error, fixing, making it better. That's what it's about
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 9:03 pm

I just want the orange triangle "slow moving vehicle" on mine. Brake lights aren't necessary for my tractor uses, and would just be one more thing to break.
Back to top Go down
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 9:38 pm

B440 wrote:
I just want the orange triangle "slow moving vehicle" on mine. Brake lights aren't necessary for my tractor uses, and would just be one more thing to break.
Lol, ive got one of those. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most people dont think to do brake lights like this...   most people dont think to do brake lights like this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

most people dont think to do brake lights like this...
Page 1 of 1