All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hello, from Washington.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angchor
Angchor

Hello, from Washington. Empty
PostSubject: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 7:54 pm

No, don't go look for the black helicopters. Not THAT washington. Washington state!

I live near a little town called Index, Washington.

Technically, I live in a small community, way out in the sticks, at the foot of Mount Index.

Recently, our little community has been cut off from civilization by a landslide that took out the road that was our one way to get in and out.

Here is our unofficial community website. Some pretty interesting pictures, stories, and videos about the slide, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/MIRonline#

We have been stranded up here now, for 51 days.

We fought that slide for a couple months. Then it grew huge, and went completely out of control. Now we are looking at getting a bridge put in, to give us an alternate access point.

A while back, we got together and built an ATV trail, past the area of the slide. So now, we can at least bring supplies in, that way.

I don't have an ATV. And my health is such that I am unable to walk up and down that hill. So, I got to looking around for options.

I have a riding lawnmower! So I decided to strip it down and more or less make it a sort of ATV.

I got to searching online for some parts, and on a whim, decided to google mower and atv together. And BEHOLD! I discovered there are a lot of people out there who have done the same thing!

Didn't take me long to find this place. (Been at it about a week, and found this forum this morning.)

Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 8:02 pm

Welcome and wow, thats probably the best reason to build a offroad mower I've heard.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 8:14 pm

welcome to the forum! glad youre ok. TONS of great info on here, lots of great people to help you too!
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 8:32 pm

Welcome to the forum  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 8:59 pm

Welcome to the fourm, I was from Wa, 30 min south to be exact, but I'm in Wy because I'm still in the prosses of moving. Wish I could be there to help with my tractor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from Washington.   Hello, from Washington. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, from Washington.
Page 1 of 1