All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tractor got wet and wont crank.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TokyoDrift99
TokyoDrift99

tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Empty
PostSubject: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 9:45 pm

Me and my friends were painting my tractor, and we tore it down to the frame. We realized it was dirty so we pressure washed it. The engine and battery only got misted, no spray directly on them. When I tried to start it I got nothing.... I touched the battery terminals together with a screwdriver and they didn't even spark. Is the battery screwed? What happened?? I'm really pissed that I spent a bunch of money in paint and supplies, and now my tractor wont work. Please help.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 9:48 pm

i think you ground wire isnt making good contact is you fuse any good or i dont really know whats wrong
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 9:59 pm

I'd check your ground.  Also check that the cables are on the right terminals (been there done that LOL).
Back to top Go down
TokyoDrift99
TokyoDrift99

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 10:04 pm

The ground is fine, and the cables aren't messed up. It was all working fine before.
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 10:33 pm

I doubt it was the water.

1. It was running fine.
2. You "tore it down to the frame. (Cleaned it and put it back together again.)
3. Now it won't start at all.

But... 4. You "touched the battery terminals together, and nothing sparked."

Do you mean that you shorted directly across the terminals of the battery itself, and got no spark? If so, then yes, your battery is toast.

If that is not what you meant, then you have to go back and look again at every connection, everywhere. Because if the battery has juice and you are getting nothing anywhere else, then either a battery cable is internally broken, or you have a bad connection somewhere.

Will the tractor start if jumped from a running car?
Back to top Go down
TokyoDrift99
TokyoDrift99

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 10:51 pm

Well I just got the battery today, and it has a 1 year waranty, so I will just get another one. I hooked it up to a charger and it said it was full. I think I shorted a cell. However it could be a key switch... it binds up and wont work half the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tractor got wet and wont crank.   tractor - Tractor got wet and wont crank. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tractor got wet and wont crank.
Page 1 of 1