All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What is the best way to derust my flywheel?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2011, 8:22 pm

Hi i was wondiring what was the best way to derust my flywheel? should i take a grinder to it or go at it with some sand paper

i want it clean it up cuz its bout the only rusty thing on the machine

thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2011, 9:57 pm

DONT use a grinder- its a balanced piece of the motor. Just use normal sand paper - it can be painted except where the magnet is riveted to the flywheel - that needs to stay clean for a proper 'signal' to the magneto.

I just scuff mine up and paint em ( least the ones i paint).
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2011, 10:05 pm

alright... mabye ill paint it red to match the engine... an get some red fuel line.. that would make it look sweet
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2011, 10:13 pm

On my LT12 craftsman i was going to mod it out and go with a blue black and chrome theme. I painted the tractor blue and black, rims chrome, added blue headlight bulbs. I also bot some small blue LED lights to mount around under the tractor and a couple red tailights - i tested out a string of blue LEDs- it looked way cool at nite. I was searching for some chrome plexiglass , but i recently found some chrome foil peel n stick instead.

Im thinking on my mod MTD i might do the red lights underneath when its done- id put em on my wizard- but then id have to haul a battery around ( its pull start).
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2011, 10:33 pm

that would be awsome:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to derust my flywheel?   What is the best way to derust my flywheel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best way to derust my flywheel?
Page 1 of 1