All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FOSWMT
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
FOSWMT

Forum Rep : 0

FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Empty
PostSubject: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:08 am

I have as everyone knows been trying to get my tractor starting by its key. I am aware that people on here think there is only one type of starter and flywheel . This is untrue. I have now done some research on this and found that there are four types of flywheel gears. There is one that is cast one that is aluminum and one that is plastic the last one of these was a ditch effort for Brigs and Stratton to save production costs and did not work. They abandoned this to go onto a further aluminum gear. There is also three types of gears for the starter and two different starters . Please check your model number and type to check you have the right matching components.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
FOSWMT
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 pm

The metal type seem to have 14 teeth the Nylon ones seem to have 16 teeth The plastic gear has 19 teeth
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Ariens YT11

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 pm

@FOSWMT wrote:
The metal type seem to have 14 teeth the Nylon ones seem to have 16 teeth The plastic gear has 19 teeth
So my 16 tooth Junk starter gear is nylon/ceramic so what type of starter gear would I have on my 16HP twin?
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 pm

@Ariens YT11 wrote:
@FOSWMT wrote:
So my 16 tooth Junk starter gear is nylon/ceramic so what type of starter gear would I have on my 16HP twin?
What does your flywheel look like if you have a nylon 16 tooth you should have an Ally drive gear on the flywheel. I am still trying to find out about the teeth of the Aluminum drive but it looks like the examples I have seen that there are 100 teeth
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Ariens YT11

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:28 pm

My flywheel looks good,but IDK about how many teeth are on it.
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:07 pm

There is 200 teeth on my old aluminum one . I am not sure what the new ones have this was the one that was fitted to the tractor in 1985
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW   FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLYWHEEL & STARTERS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: