All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 mst vs. 920/930

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-11-13
Points : 5262
Posts : 1311
Location : NW USA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 3:36 pm

someone tell me what is wrong with my 5 speed mst and 5 speed 920! ( I know what it is, you figure it out.)

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp10

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp11

I will give you an hour mst vs. 920/930 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-11-13
Points : 5262
Posts : 1311
Location : NW USA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 3:55 pm

the mst is not the same as the 920 serise axles. the gears that the mower gang changed are a 15/35 tooth set, and the mst has 11/39 gearset. and the splines are different, so you can't swap in a set from the gears in the shifting cluster. the cases are similer, but not idenical, and the gear that holds the spiders is thicker in the 920 than in the mst.

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp12
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
Member
camomanusa
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-09-15
Points : 4395
Posts : 467
Location : Greensburg, PA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 4:00 pm

they need put together thts why goof
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Member
Angchor
Member


Age : 67
Join date : 2014-04-14
Points : 4235
Posts : 491
Location : Index, Washington

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 4:13 pm

1997 Murray wrote:
someone tell me what is wrong with my 5 speed mst and 5 speed 920! ( I know what it is, you figure it out.)

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp10

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp11

I will give you an hour mst vs. 920/930 Icon_wink
They are laying in pieces on the floor.

Next question?
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-04-08
Points : 5025
Posts : 913
Location : Central Pa

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 4:37 pm

1997 Murray wrote:
the mst is not the same as the 920 serise axles. the gears that the mower gang changed are a 15/35 tooth set, and the mst has 11/39 gearset. and the splines are different, so you can't swap in a set from the gears in the shifting cluster. the cases are similer, but not idenical, and the gear that holds the spiders is thicker in the 920 than in the mst.

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp12

Yeah the MST also had gear driven reverse.  They are totally different trannys, that is why they are different.  If they would be the same they would both be MST's or 920's.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
Member
camomanusa
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-09-15
Points : 4395
Posts : 467
Location : Greensburg, PA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 6:06 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
1997 Murray wrote:
the mst is not the same as the 920 serise axles. the gears that the mower gang changed are a 15/35 tooth set, and the mst has 11/39 gearset. and the splines are different, so you can't swap in a set from the gears in the shifting cluster. the cases are similer, but not idenical, and the gear that holds the spiders is thicker in the 920 than in the mst.

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp12

Yeah the MST also had gear driven reverse.  They are totally different trannys, that is why they are different.  If they would be the same they would both be MST's or 920's.  Rolling Eyes
*cough*FIVE speed mst and *cough* FIVE speed 920 *cough* think about it
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-11-13
Points : 5262
Posts : 1311
Location : NW USA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 8:00 pm

ok you guys didn't get it at all. there is no spacer at the end of the cluster, and all trannys have room for 6 speeds. so they are now both 6 speeds! they have a 13:1 high gear ratio instead of 15:1, which means more speed! mst vs. 920/930 Lol
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
Member
camomanusa
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-09-15
Points : 4395
Posts : 467
Location : Greensburg, PA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 8:28 pm

i didnt wanna say since u said to me  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

Age : 51
Join date : 2013-04-21
Points : 7134
Posts : 2914
Location : Ontario Canada

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 10:03 pm

Mkay, then! Remind me to show you the 700 I built for my racer, and you can tell ME everything I have rearraged in there, wiseass! Wink
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2013-11-13
Points : 5262
Posts : 1311
Location : NW USA

mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 9:09 am

haha i was hoping for better pics so you could clearly see what was wrong, but whatever. here are the spacers:

mst vs. 920/930 5-6_sp14

so if you want more speeds just get some gears from a different peerless tranny and find the biggest one with splines and the smallest one with slots for shift keys and put them on the end in place of the spacers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





mst vs. 920/930 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mst vs. 920/930   mst vs. 920/930 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
mst vs. 920/930
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: