All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Madmowers

Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Empty
PostSubject: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 5:34 pm

I need help my back left rim on my mower is rusted on and I need to get it off without takin the transaxle off any ides ? And also my carb is actin weird it will run fine but if I go over any bumps or any high vibration makes it die I do have a gas pedal on it and I'm not sure if it's the gas pedal makeing it flood it's self or what

Last edited by Thunderdivine on October 18th 2014, 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Proper topic.)
Back to top Go down
Frankenvarna

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 6:00 pm

Soak it with PB Blaster, Lay a block of wood across the back side of the wheel and beat it off with a big hammer. The block of wood will help keep you from bending the wheel.

The dying when you hit bumps sounds like the Coil "Kill" wire is grounding out. I'd check that first.
Back to top Go down
http://gtbarn.com
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 10:18 pm

Are these bumps like big bumps or small bumps? Could it be the seat switch that is making it die out when you hit bumps and lighten the pressure on the seat switch?  If it isn't the seat switch then I would guess the coil wires but I'd think it just wouldn't start at all from those.

UNLESS they are hanging somewhere and only make contact when you hit bumps...
Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 10:28 pm

my mower was doing the same "dying" over bumps thing. I ended up rewiring the tractor and it hasnt done it since, I am not sure what the culprit was, but this solved my problem. check out fearlessfront's rewiring video, this helped me alot. the stock wiring harnesses have a bunch of areas that could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Madmowers

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 10:05 am

It was the wiring my kill wire was contacting ground thanks for saving me a big head ache
Back to top Go down
Frankenvarna

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:00 pm

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Did you get your wheels off?
Back to top Go down
Madmowers

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:12 pm

No I tryed to build a "tire puller" like a pulley puller I have to 1/4 inch plates on top of each other with 2 holes near the end and a bolt welded in the middle to push on the axle. 2 bolts go through the back of the tire through the holes on the plate and pull there together and that should pull the tire off but all it does is bend the plate so I welded rods near the end to support the plate and that's as far as I've got
Back to top Go down
Frankenvarna

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 12:41 pm

Keep soaking the axle with penetrating oil too.
Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 4:11 pm

try looking up redneckcomputergeak on youtube, he has a wax trick that helps with siezed pulleys and wheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.   Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help Removing a Rusted on Rim And Carb Issues.
Page 1 of 1