All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

can anyone help a brit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

can anyone help a brit? Empty
PostSubject: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 12:18 pm

Hi guy's

just picked up another westwood mower, unlike the last one that had a briggs and stratton engine, this one has a kawasaki, it's a FB460
SERIAL 140794 DS50

looking on e bay for spares, it's seems quite a popular motor over in america and less so over here
the last owner has hacked about with the wiring, and this also has a 12 volt regulator rectifier on it, so it don't look like I can follow fearlessfronts engine rewire as easy

if anyone has an idea about the electrics on these motors, perhaps they could give me a heads up on what colour wire goes where, or an easy wiring diagram,
I know it's asking a lot, but if you don't ask, you don't get

can anyone help a brit? 10624825_10204822949557197_3838308944883895583_n_zpsc59a4337
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 12:29 pm

Do you have any idea what model of a westwood you have because wiring diagrams are slightly different for each model. personaly i would just cut out the old wiring and rewire it  https://www.atltf.com/t38-briggs-engine-wiring-diagram i know its a way to wire a briggs but its the same concept for all engines.
Back to top Go down
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 12:42 pm

it's a westwood laser turbo L110 (has a 42" cutting deck)

the selenoid is attached to the starter motor, and rather than a single black and white wire coming from the engine like on the briggs, I have about 4
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 1:35 pm

Back to top Go down
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 4:42 pm

cheers thunderdivine, top man,

Back to top Go down
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 8:06 pm

thought I'd check the engine worked before getting on with the wiring, thanks to fearlessfront for the pulley idea

https://youtu.be/TxWSso6lq1M
Back to top Go down
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2014, 6:18 pm

well, it seems I didn't need to worry about a wiring diagram, as it ran without anything connected, I was happy enough that we had three wires coming from the engine as per FF's rewiring video on you tube, so tomorrows job is to get that sorted, today was spent sorting out the gear change, at the universal joint there was a split, meaning when you moved the lever, nothing happened, so with my newly learnt welding skills thanks to redneckcomputergeek for his you tube video's, I gave that a go, over here in the uk, it's called gorilla welding (ugly but strong)

Back to top Go down
ratcatcher
ratcatcher

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 4:55 pm

well, we are getting there, yesterday I ripped out the old wiring loom and safety switches, picked up a couple of switches and a momentary push button starter and re-wired the mower as per fearless video, didn't think the sstarter motor would work, as when I picked up this barn find, the owner went and got the starter from another workshop, making me think he was trying to get it running, but on connecting everything, hit the starter and it lives

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help a brit?   can anyone help a brit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can anyone help a brit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: