All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

STX38 Rebuild

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SullyBumkin
SullyBumkin

STX38 Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: STX38 Rebuild   STX38 Rebuild Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2014, 2:57 am

I bought the STX38 for $100. The deck was totally worthless, but the rest of the tractor was in decent shape to be 23 years old.. The Wheel Horse 266H was a county dump find. The idea is to use the 266 frame and mount the JD body to it. I also want to build a front blade and 3 point hitch, all hydraulically controlled.. I'll keep everybody posted with pictures.

Before

NOT ACTUAL PICTURE
STX38 Rebuild Stx_3810

Wheel Horse 266H

STX38 Rebuild GEDC0006
Mock-up
STX38 Rebuild ><a href=STX38 Rebuild GEDC0003

STX38 Rebuild GEDC0004

STX38 Rebuild GEDC0004" />
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

STX38 Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: STX38 Rebuild   STX38 Rebuild Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2014, 4:51 pm

Hmm. I think the STX38 is the same as my Scotts S1742. If that's true, the body and frame on the STX is one stamped piece. The pulley system is excellent for mods. I'd just use the STX and keep the wheel horse for parts.

Also, the hood looks like its in one piece, which is very rare. If you do use it, put a cage around it, because the first branch to touch it will shatter the hood into a bazillion pieces lol!
Back to top Go down
SullyBumkin
SullyBumkin

STX38 Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: STX38 Rebuild   STX38 Rebuild Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2014, 11:38 am

I totally agree, but I don't think the stamped body will take the stress of a blade and three point hitch. So the idea is to use the WH frame to achieve the strength I need and the JD body for the hood and operator station. I also found out that the 266 is actually a 268. The frame is heavy duty enough to accommodate the plans I envisioned for this project, which is to transform this unit into a compact utility tractor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STX38 Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: STX38 Rebuild   STX38 Rebuild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STX38 Rebuild
Page 1 of 1