All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SGreenwood
SGreenwood

craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Empty
PostSubject: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 3:41 pm

Hey guys, the manual online for my tractor (81 LTV/10 Craftsman) shows the idler and clutch pulley but however says they are discontinued so it wont even tell me the size I need. Was wondering if you guys knew or if there was a "standard" clutch and idler pulley size on these old craftsmans. Its a vertical shaft engine btw. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fast adam
fast adam

PostSubject: Re: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 6:34 pm

you could probably find one on eBay under a different brand or try taking it to tractor supply they have a wide variety of pulleys there.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 6:41 pm

Take yours off and go to tractor supply, I bed you'll find one. You have to make sure it accepts the same V Wodth too, like a "wide belt reciving" pulley. Catches the belt from falling off in extreme angles/twisting
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 7:02 pm

Agree. Most of the pulleys are in the ballpark of 3 or 4 inches. Take it off and head to your nearest tractor supply co and find one.
Back to top Go down
SGreenwood
SGreenwood

PostSubject: Re: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2014, 9:02 am

Thanks guys, the bearing is absolutely shot in my idler and I cant keep listening to it. Tractor supply it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman   craftsman - Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help replacing clutch pulleys on Craftsman
Page 1 of 1