All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?

Go down 
+4
DICE464
Jamus
redzz02
Laxman34
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman34

Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Empty
PostSubject: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 6:38 pm

Hey Guys so I have a couple of questions (they might sound a little Noob-ish). Well I have at my disposal a old snapper. One of the ones with the engine in the back. So is there any way I could turn this into a capable offroader? We have a lot of snowmobile trails around and I thought that it would be fun to just tool around, maybe hit up some mud too. Sorry, I hope I am not violating any rules
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:05 pm

i should smack you for saying that o i hope im bnot breaking anyrules haha. there is no real rules on her just that make your stuff safe. and thats just common sense this website is all about taking what you got and making it into something cool. ive only seen someone make a mudder out of a rearengine rider once and it was decent, it is capable aof turning it into a offroad but will need some work. could you post any pics of it posible that would help with what you should do with it?
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:08 pm

im sorry if that seemed rude im and just so against the whole set of rules and crap the racing mower sites have and kick you off if you dont fallow them and kiss ass i believe you should be allowed to build it how you want and shouldnt get penalised by it. and if someone copies your idea knowing it may not be safe its there fault. me not putting brakes and other saftey precautions on some of my builds, i have paid for doing that but it was my choice
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:35 pm

Depending on how it is designed, it could be a great base for something offroad. I'm not too familiar with the rear engine mowers though. Ones I've seen have a narrow transaxle and run a chain to an axle shaft. Stock vs. stock, it's probably not as capable as a front engine mower, but custom fab work and I could think of a few cool projects that could be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Laxman34

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:44 pm

Thanks for the replys, I didn't take that is mean at all, I just wanted to make sure everything was alright. So back to Muddin'. RIght now I don't have any pics to post up, I'll try and find a model just like it on the internet. I am just wondering what it will take to make this thing get through some stuff.
Back to top Go down
Laxman34

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:46 pm

Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? 6
It looks almost exactly like this but in worse shape. Thanks
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:55 pm

Does it run? Also do these snappers run a solid rear axle because that would help alot with the biuld?
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 8:02 pm

put some nobi tires on it and take off the deck to get a little bit more clearance on it. and if i think of anything else that you could do to it ill post it up on here.
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 8:41 pm

ok good, but first modify the front end to run bigger tires, either modify the original front end or it may be easier to get a front engine mower axle and adapt that to it. then get bigger knobbier tires for the back, maybe a slight pulley swap and some other little things but clearance and bigger tires are key
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:29 pm

heres an off road mower site i bet none of us could get into, not like anyone would want too lol. this guy is the biggest goof i know! Check out there site but this guy....i dunno.... Razz but there are some nice machines there. On the front page theres a rear engine rider of this site. There are more pics in the site itself. Its also a front rider and it looks pretty sweet. too bad the owner is one of those friggen saftey know it all goofs Razz no offence lol

http://www.offroadmowers.com/

Good luck on your build bud

Arild
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:42 pm

arild365 wrote:
heres an off road mower site i bet none of us could get into, not like anyone would want too lol. this guy is the biggest goof i know! Check out there site but this guy....i dunno.... Razz but there are some nice machines there. On the front page theres a rear engine rider of this site. There are more pics in the site itself. Its also a front rider and it looks pretty sweet. too bad the owner is one of those friggen saftey know it all goofs Razz no offence lol

Arild

That is a pretty cool offroad mower. but i hate those people that have lawn mowers that they modify and have to have a bunch of bull crap safety stuff on it lol and when they find out that someone else has a mower that they modify they have to have a wissy fit lol because they dont have any safety stuff on there mower when really its not there job to try and control your life everyone i think should just pretty much stick to controlling there own life unless if someone ask for personal help. i know i maybe blabbing a little bit lol.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm

if i remember right those old snappers dont use a regular tranny or clutch
its some weird ass set up with a big disc and a wheel with rubber turning on it and different gears are where the wheel sits on the disc and turns it. so unfortionately i dont think theres any room for speed with them
years ago my brother had one and he put car tires on the back and made a custon hitch that would hold cinder blocks for weight and we plowed with it, it would push anything we tried to move with it, thats the sorta deal id try to do with it if i had one
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:50 pm

thank god you guys are with me i hate when people bitch about saftey and stuff to me what i find safe is different from you, i got kicked off hey mow cause i didnt have brakes or a killswitch and a 3/4 live axle on the devil child when i posted it on there. i posted pictures and people started whinneying so i basicaly told them so what get over them selves and they were like by by. the devil child did 40+ had no brakes or any saftey stuff but cause of no brakes i knew the risks and i ended up rearending my buddy. also ive rolled tractors and fallen off them with them still going, ive rolled my trike i built last summer all because my idea of saftey is as long as i dont feel sketchy im all good and i know my risks
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:56 pm

man i hate when people bitch about brakes
on my old craftsman i could go down the road at 25mph with a 4'x8' trailer loaded with a lawn tractor and snow blower on it, that trailer and load weighted over 600 pounds and all that behind a lawn tractor that weighs prolly 400 with me on it i never needed brakes i just hit the clutch and coast till i was close to a stop then put it in first gear and let the clutch out slow and it came to a stop no problem
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 10:02 pm

theboredredneck wrote:
if i remember right those old snappers dont use a regular tranny or clutch
its some weird ass set up with a big disc and a wheel with rubber turning on it and different gears are where the wheel sits on the disc and turns it. so unfortionately i dont think theres any room for speed with them
years ago my brother had one and he put car tires on the back and made a custon hitch that would hold cinder blocks for weight and we plowed with it, it would push anything we tried to move with it, thats the sorta deal id try to do with it if i had one

That sounds like the drive setup from a snowblower. I didn't know they ran something like that on a mower, kinda lame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 3:56 pm

arild365 wrote:

Arild

That guy is a douchebag. His mower does not near what mine does. He had the balls to call me a BYB. In real life he is a skinny panzy weakling. Anyway My buddy offroaded a rear engine mower. A murrat. lol Lots of fun..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?   Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a Snapper RER be a Mudder?
Page 1 of 1