All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

electric fuel pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the old guy

electric fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: electric fuel pump   electric fuel pump Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2015, 9:23 am

Have any of you guys ever used an electric fuel pump instead of the regular vacuum ones? I just got one from Ebay for around 15.00 bucks its called a universal motorcycle fuel pump it work on anything that uses a carb. the unit appears to be well made, looks like chrome plated brass and is larger than I expected. I was worried that my 1/4 inch fuel line won't fit as they are listed as 8mm or 5/16 hose barbs but my new rubber lines fit right on plan on using screw type clamps but the squeeze type should work too. I have not actual used the thing yet only hooked it up to a battery to make sure it ran. I just didn't care for using the oilfill/dip stick tube for a vacuum port looks cheap and the kit was around 20.00 dollars plus the price of the vacuum pump itself. I am just sharing a little info and a couple of other things the unit is noisy and should be mounted on rubber pads and if your fuel lines are old a hard they probably wont slide on very easy.
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

electric fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump   electric fuel pump Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2015, 10:29 pm

Yeah I have an electronic fuel pump on mine and I really like it. I don't have to worry about vacuum lines going out like they did on my truck. After that I don't trust vacuum anything anymore the only annoying thing that I have to do is hook up I'll a switch so I don't have to slide it on and off the battery when it is being used
Back to top Go down

electric fuel pump
Page 1 of 1