All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Belt slippage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

belt - Belt slippage Empty
PostSubject: Belt slippage   belt - Belt slippage Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 4:47 pm

Hey i was watching videos of fearless and saw that he goes threw mud and water with full traction, but whenever i hit a large mud area or water my belt slips very badly and i cant even turn my tires anymore any ideas to fix that or what have you guys all done?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Belt slippage   belt - Belt slippage Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 5:03 pm

when i have that problem i get in a low gear and pull back on the clutch, usually gets me through
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Belt slippage   belt - Belt slippage Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 9:18 pm

A couple things come to mind. 1: what size pulleys are you running on the engine and transmission? 2: remember that fearlessfront recently redesigned his clutch design for the better. Though that last one only applies to his more recent videos, post clutch upgrade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dugan978

PostSubject: Re: Belt slippage   belt - Belt slippage Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 7:32 pm

take off your pulley on the transmission and make sure your key and key way are still good i had that problem and ended up there wasnt a key in there there was only a bolt holding my pulley on and a clip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt slippage   belt - Belt slippage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt slippage
Page 1 of 1