All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I Keep Losing My Belt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

I Keep Losing My Belt Empty
PostSubject: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 7:28 pm

Well the title pretty much sums it up, my belt keeps coming off whenever I hit the clutch.
Originally I thought it was a loose belt, so I added a tensioner and belt retainers, but that didn't do anything. It keeps coming VIOLENTLY off.
It's not just slipping off the clutch, it is being ripped off of four pulleys (clutch, clutch guide, tensioner, and transmission). It however, does not come off the motor spindle.
I do know that the clutch pulley is slightly out of alignment...

So, WHAT IS IT?????? scratch

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 7:39 pm

Are the belt keepers really close to the pulleys- say within 1/8" of the rim? Also- look for excessive frame flexing, loose engine, loose tranny, etc.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 7:46 pm

BlackMountian88 wrote:
Well the title pretty much sums it up, my belt keeps coming off whenever I hit the clutch.
Originally  I thought it was a loose belt, so I added a tensioner and belt retainers, but that didn't do anything. It keeps coming VIOLENTLY off.
It's not just slipping off the clutch, it is being ripped off of four pulleys (clutch, clutch guide, tensioner, and transmission). It however, does not come off the motor spindle.
I do know that the clutch pulley is slightly out of alignment...

So, WHAT IS IT?????? scratch

Thanks all.

Maybe you can put a camera under there with the wheels up then you can see what actually happends.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:02 pm

The tranny flexes slightly doc.

I actually did try that Thunder, but it stayed on. The transmission needs to be under load.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:09 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Are the belt keepers really close to the pulleys- say within 1/8" of the rim? Also- look for excessive frame flexing, loose engine, loose tranny, etc.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:11 pm

Another thought on that, today was the first time the belt came all the way off of the tranny...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Keep Losing My Belt   I Keep Losing My Belt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Keep Losing My Belt
Page 1 of 1